Division of land in ‘Z’ zone

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
Evripidis

Division of land in ‘Z’ zone

Post by Evripidis »

Hi, i have a question as to whether it is possible to obtain separate title deeds for land that is within the Z zone (not agricultural zone) with a 6% building right, is 10.7 acres and is currently owned by 5 owners. The boundaries for the exact 1/5 that is owned by each owner were submitted to the land registry.

The case is that to build a house i will need the consent of all the owners as i think you are allowed one building in the whole piece of land. So the thought is whether separate title deeds can be issued to each owner. For each title deed to indicate whole share rather than 1/5.

Regards
Evripidis
Pantheman

Re: Division of land in ‘Z’ zone

Post by Pantheman »

Evripidis wrote: 06 Jan 2020 11:19 Hi, i have a question as to whether it is possible to obtain separate title deeds for land that is within the Z zone (not agricultural zone) with a 6% building right, is 10.7 acres and is currently owned by 5 owners. The boundaries for the exact 1/5 that is owned by each owner were submitted to the land registry.

The case is that to build a house i will need the consent of all the owners as i think you are allowed one building in the whole piece of land. So the thought is whether separate title deeds can be issued to each owner. For each title deed to indicate whole share rather than 1/5.

Regards
Evripidis
Hello,

'Z' zone is a protected agricultural zone. You say 10.7 acres, but do you mean donums (scales)?

Depending on where the land is, and if it is planted with trees or has water supply you may be able to subdivide down to the minimum extends as per article 27 of Cap 224 law, the Director of the District Land Registry has the Semi-Judicial power to make the subdivision, but you need to apply there, and there is a process to be followed.

However, building a house is going to be even tougher as there is no longer any development allowed in agricultural land, least of all in protected zones. There are a number of hoops to go through and you may have to apply through the ministry of the interior for permission if you satisfy all the conditions.

If you are in a consolidation area (Anadasmos), you have no chance to subdivide this size for 5 people.

Hope that helps.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
Evripidis

Re: Division of land in ‘Z’ zone

Post by Evripidis »

It is actually 10.7 donums. There is also a public registered asphalt road passing at the front of all the shares, has electricity and water. It is also planted with olive trees. I have checked a bit the legislation and it seems division may be possible.

I will also ask at the land registry as building on the divided share might be the issue. Thanks for the reply