Land zoning - agricultural / building land

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
sereneplaces

Land zoning - agricultural / building land

Post by sereneplaces »

Hi there,

Does anyone have any experience regarding land zoning in Larnaca?

My family have agricultural land in Larnaca - we are hoping that the land will be allocated as building land (and we could explore building houses / flats on the plot).

I was previously informed that land zoning is reviewed periodically. Is this correct? Or is an application required to convert from agricultural to building land.

I may contact one of the many property developers but would welcome the views from the forum.

Thanks in advance.
Pantheman

Re: Land zoning - agricultural / building land

Post by Pantheman »

sereneplaces wrote: 29 Sep 2019 18:50 Hi there,

Does anyone have any experience regarding land zoning in Larnaca?

My family have agricultural land in Larnaca - we are hoping that the land will be allocated as building land (and we could explore building houses / flats on the plot).

I was previously informed that land zoning is reviewed periodically. Is this correct? Or is an application required to convert from agricultural to building land.

I may contact one of the many property developers but would welcome the views from the forum.

Thanks in advance.
You cannot apply to change the zoning, not unless you have some 500 donums (scales) or more!

Land is reviewed, but we are talking every 10 years or so. Even if they were to suggest to rezone it today, by the time they get round to doing it could take years.

In my village they have been discussing a 'Local Plan' (Topiko Sxedio) for some time and 5 years later they still have not approved anything and it is still being discussed.

Also, it really depends where you land it in relation to the building zones, if you are too far from it, you have no chance.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
sereneplaces

Re: Land zoning - agricultural / building land

Post by sereneplaces »

It's a shame that it's clearly out of our control - but thank you for the helpful response.