planning certificate

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
Jackie11

planning certificate

Post by Jackie11 »

Can I ask if anyone knows if there is a time limit as in the Uk for a final certificate of approval for alterations/renovations of a property or could it be demolished in 20 years time? Thanks
Pantheman

Re: planning certificate

Post by Pantheman »

Jackie11 wrote: 19 Oct 2017 10:52 Can I ask if anyone knows if there is a time limit as in the Uk for a final certificate of approval for alterations/renovations of a property or could it be demolished in 20 years time? Thanks
Hi, can you just clarify, why do you need a FC for an alteration??? I assume you have the title deed to the property? Have you made an application for a permit to make any major changes??

There may well be time limit, but no one follows this, it's as an when!! :)

As for demolishing anything, you need planning consent to do this!
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
Jackie11

Post by Jackie11 »

To clarify I am interested in acquiring a property that has title deeds but then has had permits from planning for renovation which was then carried (I don't know at this stage if in conformity with the permit/permissions) but (as I understand it) no final inspection of the works. The work was done some time ago (about 8 years). So ideally would like to see the situation regularised. In the UK there is a time limit on enforcement action but don't know about Cyprus and in the same vein whether an inspection could be done now (if the work conforms to the permissions). The demolition I had in mind would be in extremis enforcement action - so not really relevant (I hope). Thanks anyway Pantheman :-))
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Jackie11

As far as I am aware there is no time limit for applying for works to be inspected. (My own house wasn't inspected until several years after it was built). And I've never heard of any properties being demolished.

I guess this is an old village property that's been renovated and restored?

Is the owner of th eproperty unwilling to get the situation regularised?

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Jackie11

Post by Jackie11 »

Hi Nigel. Yes it is a renovated village property, it was two houses. We`ve been to see it again today and and it`s become even more complicated. The owner bought it off a builder years ago (who had permits to turn it into a taverna). He doesn`t know anything about planning permission, permits etc that we thought he had. We are going to see a solicitor with a copy of the title deeds and we may end up going to the planning department aswell, but it`s not looking rosy at the moment. Thanks Nigel and I will let you know what happens, Jackie