Swiss frank mortgage Alpha Bank

Drop in & say hello
Katka

Swiss frank mortgage Alpha Bank

Post by Katka »

Hello,

I am new to the forum and I have to say how good it is, I can find here so many things.

Would I be able to kindly ask if I also could be emailed the list of groups for the Swiss Mortgages?

Thank you very much,
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Swiss frank mortgage Alpha Bank

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hello Katka and welcome to the forum,

I have just emailed you a list of the various Swiss Franc loan groups and their contact details.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Brookster

Post by Brookster »

Hello,

I am new to the forum and I have to say how good it is, I can find here so many things.

Would I be able to kindly ask if I also could be emailed the list of groups for the Swiss Mortgages?

I am currently in private discussion with Alpha bank - Swiss Franc Mortgage saga -
I owe more in mortgage than the place is worth - I am seriously considering handing the keys in.

I decided to approach Alpha about the miss-selling etc approx. I month ago -
I have rec'd two offers to discount principal sum, There last offer equated to a discount of approx. 17 % - & I was told this was their Final offer. So it looks like if they can't increase the discount I will just hand the keys in & walk away.

Could anyone out there perhaps suggest what discount I could possibly get if as I think Alpha are trying to put me to brinkmanship & scaremonger me in to accepting their offer.

I am seriously thinking of joining the legal group from London, called Max???????? something - Anyone here using their services?

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Brookster
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Welcome to the property forum Brookster.

I have emailed you details of the various groups and how to get in touch with them.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
Brookster

Post by Brookster »

Hi Guys,
We had recently replied back to Alpha rejecting their 2nd offer a week ago -
We Rec'd the following reply from Alpha bank - looks like they are putting us to brinkmanship.

Has anyone out there been put in similar circumstances whilst dealing with Alpha?

Our remaining options now are:

1) Join legal action groups
or
2) Hand the keys back as we just can not maintain the monthly mortgage payments.

Any advice most welcome.
Brookster

Dear Mr XX

The offer of the Bank remains as per our e-mail dated xx/0x/2014.
As we have already stated this is the final offer from the Bank and it’s going to be valid for a limited time of period.
If you wish to proceed you have to inform us immediately.

Regards,

Alpha
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Brookster

I urge you not to just hand back the keys, the bank will pursue you for payment - in the UK if if necessary.

I emailed you a list of the various groups assisting those with Swiss Franc Loans on 23rd March, did you receive it?

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
Brookster

Post by Brookster »

Nigel Howarth wrote:Hi Brookster

I urge you not to just hand back the keys, the bank will pursue you for payment - in the UK if if necessary.

I emailed you a list of the various groups assisting those with Swiss Franc Loans on 23rd March, did you receive it?

Regards,

Hi Nigel,
Thanks for the reply /Advice
I have tried my hardest to broker a deal with Alpha based on what I can afford - They will not listen - So what can I do?
The only option for me is hand the keys back!
If they pursue me in the UK - what can they do ? I have no wealth now !
I see you have recommended a few Legal people who may act on my behalf - but after initial talks they all appear to be wanting up front fees - & offer no guarantees that I would be successful in getting compo for Swiss Franc Mortgage miss-selling !
Cheers
Brookster
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Brookster

None of the groups work on a no-win no-fee basis - and from the reaction I guess it would be better for you to renegotiate the loan rather than sue the bank.

There will be costs involved as they have to assess each case individually and make a judgement on how best to proceed based on its merits. If you've gone with one of the legal groups to sue for mis-selling, I can't see how any could offer a guarantee success?

Did you contact all of the groups?

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth