title deeds

Drop in & say hello
tootsie52

title deeds

Post by tootsie52 »

hi , wondered if you could help me, i have a house in cyprus, and well lets say a friend put 30% in to it,
then i found out he was still married, enough of that.
what i want to know is were do i stand, he has not got is name on anything, and when i told him the title deeds were ready, he washed is hands of it, i paid a lot of money for them but its all in my name, all he as is a letter from a lawyer in the uk, now sadly is wife as died, now he is after having is name on the title deeds, ,
were do i stand in this ,
regards tootsie
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: title deeds

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi tootsie and welcome to the forum.

If only your name was on the contract of sale and the property is now registered in your name, I would have thought that your friend is going to have a difficult time getting anything.

However, I suggest that you morally need to repay him the amount he invested.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
tootsie52

Post by tootsie52 »

Dear Nigel, thank you for your information,
and yes morally i have said to him i will give him back is money, when i sell the house, but he as gone behind my back and is in cyprus now taking advice, about how he gets is name on the title deeds,i dont think he can do anything about that, thats why i wanted to know were i stand,
regards
tootsie
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi tootsie

I think the best he can do is bring a civil action against you in the court. Whether he will be prepared to 'invest' in such an action is another matter - it will be expensive and the outcome cannot be guaranteed.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

tootsie52 wrote:Dear Nigel, thank you for your information,
and yes morally i have said to him i will give him back is money, when i sell the house, but he as gone behind my back and is in cyprus now taking advice, about how he gets is name on the title deeds,i dont think he can do anything about that, thats why i wanted to know were i stand,
regards
tootsie
Tootsie,

if only your name is on the deeds, he can take a run and jump. if you are not married, he is entitled to nothing. Morally, he should not have been cheating on his wife, so you have nothing to feel guilty about. Any legal action takes a very long time in Cyprus. If he hasn't contributed to the upkeep, utilities or anything else, but has used ther property for a holiday home, it's fair to assume he has used up his input.

Anyway, you not need worry your self, he cannot stop you doing what you want with it, you don't need him for any signatures in case you sell, upto you if you want to give him anything.

Good luck.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
tootsie52

Post by tootsie52 »

Pantheman wrote:
tootsie52 wrote:Dear Nigel, thank you for your information,
regards
tootsie
Tootsie,

if only your name is on the deeds, he can take a run and jump. if you are not married, he is entitled to nothing. Morally, he should not have been cheating on his wife, so you have nothing to feel guilty about. Any legal action takes a very long time in Cyprus. If he hasn't contributed to the upkeep, utilities or anything else, but has used ther property for a holiday home, it's fair to assume he has used up his input.

Anyway, you not need worry your self, he cannot stop you doing what you want with it, you don't need him for any signatures in case you sell, upto you if you want to give him anything.

Thank you for your input,
he as not paid anything towards the utility bills , or the gardener, or the communial feees,
and your right he lied to me and said he was not married, or i do not think i would have let him put anything into it, , but i hope lucky for me, everything is in my name, and he even as not got a key to the house,
regards tootsie
Good luck.
tootsie52

Post by tootsie52 »

Nigel Howarth wrote:Hi tootsie

I think the best he can do is bring a civil action against you in the court. Whether he will be prepared to 'invest' in such an action is another matter - it will be expensive and the outcome cannot be guaranteed.

Regards,

Dear Nigel
regarding my property in cyprus, i told you he was in cyprus , well he is back and he said he as secured is interest in the property, how can he do this if my names on the contract and title deeds, ,
he said i will be getting a notification through the post,
regards
tootsie
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

tootsie52 wrote:he said he as secured is interest in the property, how can he do this if my names on the contract and title deeds
I don't know. You will have to check your post to see what the notification says.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
tootsie52

Post by tootsie52 »

Regards,
Dear Nigel,
regarding my property, he as come back from cyprus, and as told me he as registered a interest in the property,
how can he do this, he as nothing abou the property only one letter from solicitor over her in uk,
if he as done this, it is outrages , as anyone can go do this,
if he wants interest on my property, i think he must pay for half the title deeds, which cost me 13000 pounds,
regards
tootsie
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

tootsie52 wrote:

Regards,
Dear Nigel,
regarding my property, he as come back from cyprus, and as told me he as registered a interest in the property,
how can he do this, he as nothing abou the property only one letter from solicitor over her in uk,
if he as done this, it is outrages , as anyone can go do this,
if he wants interest on my property, i think he must pay for half the title deeds, which cost me 13000 pounds,
regards
tootsie
It is possible he has managed to log a MEMO or DISPUTE against your title if he had any evidence to prove he had a vested interest.

You could go to the land registry and enquire, you may have to fill out an N50 form for a search to see what comes up. Better to wait for the notification and see, he may be bluffing.

If he has managed to log either of these items you will need him to lift them in order to make a transfer. Depends what he is claiming.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com