Complaints toThe Disciplinary Board of Advocates

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Complaints toThe Disciplinary Board of Advocates

Post by Nigel Howarth »

footy123 wrote:we can make a more informed decision when employing a lawyer :-?
If you want to avoid this lawyer and make a more informed decision, get a copy of the list of lawyers published by the British High Commission in Nicosia - available from If you need a lawyer.

Regards
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
melwil

Post by melwil »

Hi Andyp

Would you be able to send me a pm with some background as to the charges that were upheld.

Thanks
andyp

Post by andyp »

My Lawyer's have informed me that The Stigette, having been found guilty of the charges, has been fined 1000 euros.

Slightly disappointing but as I was not sure that I would even get a guilty verdict so that is at least some progress.

Was it worth it? Oh yes.
andyp

Post by andyp »

A few people have asked me why this was worth it based on the sentence and having read my last few posts there is a big omission but there are several reasons.

1. It was right to complain. This so called Advocate breached the golden rule of trust and went even further in forging documents.

2. If we do not complain about wrongdoing in the long run, and it will be a long run, they will not change. More complaints at an official level are needed.

3. The sentence was pathetic under the circumstances and for lesser offences in many countries this so called Advocate would be struck off.

4. Part of The Stigettes defence during the trial was that I had lost nothing as the developers mortgage had been paid off. We checked and it had. Whether this was coincidence I do not know. Had I known beforehand would I have complained? Too right I would.
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

Well, since she has been found guilty, is it not possible to publically shame her, like get a paper to do a story?

1000 euros is a disgrace and a pittence for her, she will just cream it off the next unsuspecting soul.

Surely, this is public information, this would really hurt not only her but it will send a strong message to others.

I am not sure if I should congratulate or comiserate you mate. Good going though
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
andyp

Post by andyp »

Working on that Pan.

They must be named.
Scots Lad

Post by Scots Lad »

Andy P Is she not trying to entice Asian buyers to Cyprus now.

1000 euros fine a pittance !!
andyp

Post by andyp »

Having completed a google search the answer is yes Scots Lad. Not really surprised as she and her like simply look for new victims hence more complaints and publicity are needed to stop these crooks.

The appropriate authorities do not seem inclined or willing to deal with them effectively.
Scots Lad

Post by Scots Lad »

So the most a crooked lawyer can expect is 1000 euros maybe it should be nick-named a ***** Fine ?
Scots Lad

Post by Scots Lad »

Sorry Nigel for calling a 1000 euro fine ***** even though she been found guilty by the disciplinary board and pardoned by the President for driving offences will Stig do ?
andyp

Post by andyp »

For those that have not read the Cyprus Mail today-

Emily Lemoniati formerly known as The Stigette.
Scots Lad

Post by Scots Lad »

It appears Emily after been found Guilty and fined 1000 Euros has shown by her response in the Cyprus Mail her contempt for the CBA & Disciplinary Board.

Personally I Think the Victims off crooked lawyers will also have contempt for the CBA leadership and Disciplinary Board who they have failed to protect.

Maybe the CBA would like to make public all the cases the disciplinary board have dealt with or is that a step to far for them ?

There silence since Emily outburst with her threats I can only describe as spineless.
melwil

Post by melwil »

@Scots Lad,

I agree with you 100%. After Emily Lemoniati has gone on record to state "I will chase him until the day he dies... no matter what. I’m going to make his life a nightmare” about a former client, the CBA (which governs her as a Lawyer) needs to take apppropriate action, which I hope they will in due course. In my opinion, she is bringing her profession into dis-repute by this behaviour and is clearly not a fit and proper person to be a lawyer.

Does anyone know if she is still practising from her office in Paphos?
JaneDoe

Post by JaneDoe »

melwil wrote:@Scots Lad,

I agree with you 100%. After Emily Lemoniati has gone on record to state "I will chase him until the day he dies... no matter what. I’m going to make his life a nightmare” about a former client, the CBA (which governs her as a Lawyer) needs to take apppropriate action, which I hope they will in due course. In my opinion, she is bringing her profession into dis-repute by this behaviour and is clearly not a fit and proper person to be a lawyer.

Does anyone know if she is still practising from her office in Paphos?
Yes, she is still practising in Paphos and she recently published an advertisement asking to empoy to her firm two lawyers.

Unfotunately, this lady made a lot of damage to the other female (or not) lawyers of Paphos, despite that Paphos has excellent practising lawyers.
andyp

Post by andyp »

"Yes, she is still practising in Paphos and she recently published an advertisement asking to empoy to her firm two lawyers.

Unfotunately, this lady made a lot of damage to the other female (or not) lawyers of Paphos, despite that Paphos has excellent practising lawyers.[/quote]"

She will continue to practice until more of her victims lodge complaints against her.

I agree with Jane in that there are good lawyers out there but why they do not speak up and rid themselves of the likes of Emily Lemoniati who gives them all a bad name is beyond me. When they do the good ones can flourish.

Her reported comments which would not have been published in the Cyprus Mail unless recorded in some way speak volumes in regard to her attitude towards colleagues in the legal profession, governing body and clients.

http://www.news.cyprus-property-buyers. ... id=0010930

"It is unclear why Lemoniati delayed the registration of the original document".

What was not reported but is now recorded at the DBA as a matter of fact is that we signed our contract in October 2005 and our developer, Paschali, took out a mortgage on our land in March 2006 prior to our contract being registered.

It has to be said that Paschali has honoured his mortgage and this has now been cleared. However it is now also a matter of fact that our advocate Emily Lemoniati allowed us to sign a contract with Paschali in 2005 and allowed us to make substantial payments to them in accordance with the installment plan of the contract, PRIOR to them actually OWNING the site.

You could not make this up.