Cyprus Presidency of Europe

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
andyp

Cyprus Presidency of Europe

Post by andyp »

We all seem to be getting nowhere with our legitimate problems in Cyprus in regard to property issues and legal representation. Legislation is proposed to protect the guilty and pardon them from all responsibility puting the emphasis on victims to resolve matters in respect of which it is NOT POSSIBLE. Our MEP's ask questions but but like us all they get no answers. The only next step is to up the profile in my opinion as Cyprus is not listening. Will anyone join me in a protest outside Europarl on the day Cyprus takes control?
clive of payia

Re: Cyprus Presidency of Europe

Post by clive of payia »

I would have thought more impact could be made by protesting right now that Cyprus is not a fit country to take on the Rotating Presidency, there is sufficient evidence to support it.

Cannot see the point of protesting when they are in the chair.

I wish you good luck.
andyp

Post by andyp »

You are probably right Clive. A protest next year will do nothing to help with the latest planning/title proposals.

Any suggestions out there?
clive of payia

Post by clive of payia »

I have suggested this before but it has never been taken up. A public open letter in the Cyprus Mail to the Attorney General requesting that as legislation is introduced to rectify the problem of the lack of title deeds, could he suspend the law, as an act of good faith, where it is illegal to occupy a property which doesn't have a Final Clearance Certificate. I just feel that the developers and the lawyers could use it to intimidate buyers. Nigel knows the actual piece of legislation. The Bishop of Paphos tried to use it on some buyers in Coral Bay but the Attorney General overuled the charitable Bishop.

Why don't I do it you may ask? Because I have my title deeds, bought a resale with title deeds thank God.
andyp

Post by andyp »

Clive. I do not mind doing it but I think I may have missed your point. Perhaps you could send me a pm to clarify.
clive of payia

Post by clive of payia »

There is a Cyprus Law that properties cannot be legally occupied if they do not have a Final Clearance Certificate, a certificate that confirms that a property has been built to the agreed original design and meets the Cyprus building requirements, yes, they do exist.

There, there are hundreds of thousands of properties without title deeds, because they dont have a Final Clearance Certificate and the occupants are therefore living in them illegally.

Basically, if the developers, lawyers and the goverment want to play awkward with property owners without a FCS, they could use this use perfectly legal means to evict some buyers. The Bishop of Paphos tried unnsuccessfully ia few years ago.

That was the point of my message.
andyp

Post by andyp »

Thanks Clive. Not sure I would want to advertise that point.