Occupied area in varosha, claim , sell?

Questions about selling property
Iwishiwasincyprus

Occupied area in varosha, claim , sell?

Post by Iwishiwasincyprus »

I hope somebody can advise me in this matter.

Cyprus issue hasent gone passed anyone I guess.

If, like us you own property, you have titles of the house/plot etc, how can i proceed if i like to sell, it must be someone who are thinking future investment, maybe a building company etc...
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Occupied area in varosha, claim , sell?

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi

I suggest you refer to my answer to an earlier query on this subject - Advice to sell title deeds in north Cyprus.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Iwishiwasincyprus

Thank you for your answer. I have heard about this way of selling, but i have also heard that they take a long time, sometimes up to years and in the end people who do apply dont get any compensation anyway.
It also is a expensive as I heard?

Does it make any diffrence that my dad was a UK citizen? I have heard that we then should go trough UK high comisson

Thanks for answers
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

Iwishiwasincyprus wrote: 15 Nov 2020 10:42 Thank you for your answer. I have heard about this way of selling, but i have also heard that they take a long time, sometimes up to years and in the end people who do apply dont get any compensation anyway.

Does it make any diffrence that my dad was a UK citizen? I have heard that we then should go trough UK high comisson

Thanks for answers
Hello,

Makes no difference that he is a UK citizen. Forget the Property Commission, they don't pay, there are some 2000 cases that won the compensations and have still not been paid years after the decision. Turkey has no money to pay.

Furthermore, they only give you 1/5 or 1/6 of the value of the property with the TC lawyer demanding 10% of what you get, plus any intermediaries.

And especially whilst now they are calling for a 2 state solution you can never know what will happen to the land on the occupied side.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
Iwishiwasincyprus

So to be clear.. we are basically screwed... cant to anything exept waiting? Or is there people Who like to buy occupied land?
Iwishiwasincyprus

Pantheman wrote: 15 Nov 2020 11:21
Iwishiwasincyprus wrote: 15 Nov 2020 10:42 Thank you for your answer. I have heard about this way of selling, but i have also heard that they take a long time, sometimes up to years and in the end people who do apply dont get any compensation anyway.

Thanks for answers
Hello,

Makes no difference that he is a UK citizen. Forget the Property Commission, they don't pay, there are some 2000 cases that won the compensations and have still not been paid years after the decision. Turkey has no money to pay.

Furthermore, they only give you 1/5 or 1/6 of the value of the property with the TC lawyer demanding 10% of what you get, plus any intermediaries.

And especially whilst now they are calling for a 2 state solution you can never know what will happen to the land on the occupied side.
So what can we do? Wait for 46 more years?
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

Iwishiwasincyprus wrote: 15 Nov 2020 11:39
Pantheman wrote: 15 Nov 2020 11:21

Thanks for answers
Hello,

So what can we do? Wait for 46 more years?
No one knows, better to just leave it for the grand kids or great great grand kids.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com