How to fund a refurb

Financial questions answered by Independent Financial Advisor Mark Nowell

Moderator: MarkN

FlossyFlute

How to fund a refurb

Post by FlossyFlute »

Hello, Im hoping you may be able to point us in the right direction...we have a small village house in Cyprus that needs a new roof and other building work done on it and Im wondering what is this best way to finance this? Myself and my partner own the property without mortgage and have the deeds (in partners name). It needs a bit of work so wont be cheap.

Im not really sure where to start, a bank here? a bank there? Mortgage? Loan?

The building isnt really habitable at the moment so its case of rasing funds and getting it up to scratch to use as a holiday home for a few weeks a year.

Any help you can give would be appreciated
Thanks
Pantheman

Re: How to fund a refurb

Post by Pantheman »

Hello Flossy,

unfortunately, you will not be able to get any loans/mortgage at the moment and the banks are being resolved and there are capital controls in place.

When they do start to lend again, you will need a convincing argument to get a loan essentially be able to should income can support this. The banks will be very strict. Of course you will also need to secure the property against the loan so you should think about this carefully.

Perhaps you have the means to raise a loan in the UK (I have assumed you are from there, sorry) or your own country, it may be easier than getting it from here.

Other than that, I cannot offer any other suggestions.

Good Luck all the same.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
FlossyFlute

Post by FlossyFlute »

Hello, I thought this may be the case with the Cypriot banks. I am in the UK and it looks as if a loan from this end may be the way forward and far easier all round.
Thanks for taking the time to answer :)
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

FlossyFlute wrote:I am in the UK and it looks as if a loan from this end may be the way forward and far easier all round.
It certainly would in the current economic situation here in Cyprus.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news