Legal questions answered by Cyprus property lawyer Louise Zambartas

Moderator: louisez

Post Reply
Posts: 3
Joined: 14 Feb 2019 18:17


Post by officergent01 »

I own a town house in a block of three on a complex. The rest of the complex is a building that consists of apartments. The management committee wants to damp proof my outside wall and do work on my roof, can they do this as it is linked to two other houses? without my consent.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin
Posts: 2575
Joined: 24 Oct 2007 14:38
Location: Erimi, Limassol, Cyprus

Re: Communal

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi officergent01 and welcome to the forum.

Assuming that the roof of your town house and external walls form part of the communal area, the Management Committee are required (by law) to maintain and repair them.

They do not need your consent to do this. The costs will be paid out of the communal fees.

Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Post Reply