Unbuilt property

Legal questions answered by Cyprus property lawyer Louise Zambartas

Moderator: louisez

Jackieve

Unbuilt property

Post by Jackieve »

Hello Louise,

Please can you help me? I have a lawyer Emily Lemoniati ut she refuses to answer any of my e mails This has been going on for several years now. Last November she did reply and said that she would be in touch when she got back to the office. I am still waiting. I send her e mails several times a month to get her attention but without success.
My problem is that we began the process of purchasing a property in Anarita in 2007. We applied for a mortgage but did not secure one as the builder reneged on his start date and subsequent build dates. By this time we had paid over 214,000 Euros ourselves. We then reached an agreement with the builder that he would refund us 110,000 Euros and we would give up all rights to the property. We are still waiting. Is there anything we can do?

I would appreciate any advice you can give.

Thank you
Regards
Jackie Ellerker
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Unbuilt property

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hello Jackie and welcome to the forum,

Unfortunately Louise rarely has time to visit the forum these days due to pressure of work. I suggest you contact her via her company's website at http://www.zambartaslawoffices.com/

What I suggest you do is discharge the present incumbent (and try looking her up on Google!!), collect you file and instruct Louise or another lawyer of your choosing. Here's a sample discharge letter that you may use:
  • Dear name of old lawyer

Please accept this email as notice of our intention to discharge you as our lawyers henceforth.

All and any powers of attorney which you hold are revoked. (if applicable)

We would appreciate your confirmation of receipt of this notification together with written confirmation that your fees have been paid in full.

Please send our file to;

Name and address of your new lawyer

Thank you for your prompt attention
Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news