Responsibility of Lawyers

Legal questions answered by Cyprus property lawyer Louise Zambartas

Moderator: louisez

awaygood

Responsibility of Lawyers

Post by awaygood »

When I hired a lawyer to help my purchase my property, I expected him to represent my interests (silly me!). He made no mention of the ridiculous situation regarding title deeds in Cyprus which, had I known the situation, would have decided me against purchasing my property. So, my question is do I have any legal recourse against my lawyer?
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Responsibility of Lawyers

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi awaygood

Louise rarely has time to visit the forum these days, but you can contact her via her company's website at http://www.zambartaslawoffices.com/

As for whether you have any legal recourse against your lawyer, I doubt it. BUT if you suffer any financial loss as a result of his possible negligence, he may have a case to answer.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
awaygood

Post by awaygood »

Thanks, Nigel. You gave me the answer I was rather expecting. It could be worse; my neighbour's lawyer failed to inform him that there was a boundary dispute over his garden wall, and he ended up losing about a metre of his garden!
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

Nigel Howarth wrote:Hi awaygood

BUT if you suffer any financial loss as a result of his possible negligence, he may have a case to answer.

Regards,
Proving the negligence will be extremely difficult. It'll just be their word against yours unless you have anything specifically in writing from them at the time.

Good luck though.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com