How do i resign as Chairman of MC?

Legal questions answered by Cyprus property lawyer Louise Zambartas

Moderator: louisez

prometheus

How do i resign as Chairman of MC?

Post by prometheus »

I am Chairman of our MC and, quite frankly, have had enough. I want to resign and was just wondering if there is a process I have to go through other than just emailing the rest of the MC and informing them of my resignation?

Any info greatly appreciated as the solicitor involved is currently away for another week.

Incidentally, we formed our MC with a solicitor and are now starting to proceed through legal channels the recovery of debts of the non payers.

Thank you.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: How do i resign as Chairman of MC?

Post by Nigel Howarth »

I've had a quick look through the law but haven't been able to find anything about resigning from the Management Committee.

You can find the law at http://www.cyprus-property-buyers.com/f ... gs-law.pdf - I suggest you check for yourself.

If you can't find anything, write your resignation letter and send it to the secretary.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
prometheus

Post by prometheus »

I couldnt find anything either. Was mainly concerned with 'officially' removing myself because of the communal insurance policy and the Public Liability cover. If anyone was to sue the MC then wanted to make sure I had done the necessary.

Thanks Nigel.
emgee

Post by emgee »

Our Management Contract says that you may only resign at an AGM.

No Lawyers involved.

Alan