Need Directions for forward path

Legal questions answered by Cyprus property lawyer Louise Zambartas

Moderator: louisez

veejay29

Need Directions for forward path

Post by veejay29 »

Hi,

I have a one bedroom property in Orkolini, Larnaca. I am facing a problem with my tenant. He has signed a tenanct agreement with me through my management company. Eralier i was getting delayed payments for two months and my management company siad due to the economic situation lest give them some reaabte so i was Ok. Now its been almost a year and no payment has come in. I keep chasing my management company but not getting any positive feedback or what can be done.

Can you please suggest what should i do? any laws that protect me? i want the tenant to pay up for the lats year and leave, so i can get someone new and be sure of getting my rent.

Currently, i am paying out of pocket for the monthly communal charges as well.

Much appreciate your advise.
Thanx
Vj
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Need Directions for forward path

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Vj

Unfortunately Louise rarely gets to visit these days, I suggest that you contact her via the firm's website at http://www.zambartaslawoffices.com/defa ... cleID=2360

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
veejay29

Post by veejay29 »

Thanx Nigel,

Would you have any thoughts on this kind of a situation. I am sure lots of similar cases must be appearing on the forum.

Appreciate your feedback.
Best
Vj
emgee

Post by emgee »

Give your tenant notice to quit?

Alan
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

veejay29 wrote:Hi,

I have a one bedroom property in Orkolini, Larnaca. I am facing a problem with my tenant. He has signed a tenanct agreement with me through my management company. Eralier i was getting delayed payments for two months and my management company siad due to the economic situation lest give them some reaabte so i was Ok. Now its been almost a year and no payment has come in. I keep chasing my management company but not getting any positive feedback or what can be done.

Can you please suggest what should i do? any laws that protect me? i want the tenant to pay up for the lats year and leave, so i can get someone new and be sure of getting my rent.

Currently, i am paying out of pocket for the monthly communal charges as well.

Much appreciate your advise.
Thanx
Vj
You need a lawyer to do a section 21 notice through the court. Get the decision and then proceed to get them evicted. You can only do this if they have not paid for 2 months straight, which from what you say they have. Are you sure the management company are telling you the truth? How do you know the tenant has not paid? Just a thought.

Whatever you do, you need legal advice and action.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
veejay29

Post by veejay29 »

Thank you all for your views. I am having a chat with my lawyer to see where this leads.

much appreciate!
vijay