what do encumbrance search docs look like?

Frequently asked questions about buying & selling property in Cyprus
HappyCamper

what do encumbrance search docs look like?

Post by HappyCamper »

about to sign purchase contract - have copies of title deeds, with both planning permission and final completion approval as well
solicitor has sent me a "Certificate of Investment Property" as proof of no encumbrances
which if our greek is ok contains a table (above which is says "encumbrances") showing the property and its 1980 and 2013 valuations
below the table it gives the name of the owner and says her share is 1/1
is also says "you do not exist" below the table - which I take to mean no encumbrances exist

this sounds fine to me - but if anyone else has seen a similar search document it would be reassuring to know if this sounds familiar

tia
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: what do encumbrance search docs look like?

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi HappyCamper

I have never heard of a "Certificate of Investment Property". I'll send you an email. If you can scan and send the document to me, I'll try to decipher it.

Regards
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

HappyCamper wrote: 22 Feb 2018 22:16 about to sign purchase contract - have copies of title deeds, with both planning permission and final completion approval as well
solicitor has sent me a "Certificate of Investment Property" as proof of no encumbrances
which if our greek is ok contains a table (above which is says "encumbrances") showing the property and its 1980 and 2013 valuations
below the table it gives the name of the owner and says her share is 1/1
is also says "you do not exist" below the table - which I take to mean no encumbrances exist

this sounds fine to me - but if anyone else has seen a similar search document it would be reassuring to know if this sounds familiar

tia
Just to be clear, is the property you are buying have a separate title deed? Since you have the final approval is the house not registered on the title yet?? Because if the house is registered on the title the then other documents become a moot point!

If there are any encumbrances on the property it cannot be transferred anyway and you could just ask over the counter at the land registry when you do the transfer to be sure.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Pan

HappyCamper sent me the document - it's a Land Registry 'search certificate' for an apartment that is owned by a Brit. There are no encumbrances listed. Everything looks OK.

Hopefully the name on the Title Deed is the same as shown on the search certificate.

I don't know why HappyCamper was given confirmation of planning permission & completion certificate?

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news