Going Under Laughing!!

Drop in & say hello
gordon13

Going Under Laughing!!

Post by gordon13 »

Hello everyone. New to the site, wished I had seen it years ago. Big thanks to Nigel, for what must be countless hours, over the years putting it together and adopting a lot of problem children.
Last edited by gordon13 on 21 Sep 2012 02:13, edited 3 times in total.
richard2

Re: Going Under Laughing!!

Post by richard2 »

gordon13 wrote:Hello everyone. New to the site, wished I had seen it years ago. Big thanks to Nigel, for what must be countless hours, over the years putting it together and adopting a lot of problem children.
I bet you were all hoping that I would be different and had some secrets to divulge of buying a property in Cyprus with no problems.
Sorry. I am just the run of the mill, swiss franc mortgage, blah blah, offplan delayed completion 2years, blah blah. Mortgage extention horrendous figures, blah blah. Why isn't this site mandatory reading for anyone buying in Cyprus for God's Sake!!!!

Need help from someone who lives near Pyla, Larnaca. Need them to eyeball a developement there and take photos for me if possible. I would say I will reimbuse you, but I am guessing you won't fall for that one again!
Oceania Bay Village, Pyla. Any information anyone? Any sign of life? Last I heard it was so overgrown that David Attenborough and a Survival filmcrew where filming there!

Met my developer on site there last year and admired various previously undiscovered tribes. (Obviously ones that Attenborough was looking for). Unfortunately none of them were builders. He did promise me then that it would be completed Nov 2010. Just a few hicupps, marble coming in from Italy, pool all ready to just drop in the hole, b*llocks.

When asked where all the builders were, he replied he employs a lot of muslims and they were all off for Ramadam. The other lot must have been Christians because there was nobody there at Christmas either, it seems. What we need is a shedfull of good old fashioned nature loving atheists, who can lay f**king bricks, I responded.
Sorry people, Rant over.

How do you get a response out of the Greeks you may well ask?
Well I think I have found the secret. Due to all the delays and me being hacked off, I told the bank manager to shove the mortgage up his lazy big fat greek ar*e and go and get it back off the developer, not expecting a response for at least a year, which I have learnt through this experience. :-))

Within a week I got a response. They are now threatening court action!! :-(
Wonder if it works on developers???
Hi Gordon I know how you feel! very funny keep us posted on what the bank do.
Cheers
Richard
Collin

Post by Collin »

Like many others we too were mis-sold our Swiss mortgage with Alpha Bank, repayments have doubled & life is becoming increasingly hard. My husband and I left the UK in 2011, sold our property & became residents of Cyprus & ventured into work fulltime here for a better quality of life. For the last 3 years we have asked for reduction of mortgage payments as they have doubled - this year we are now looking at €1250 per mth - our original repayments were €460. Last week I wrote a letter to the housing loan department to seek a mtg to negotiate a more realistic repayment figure, they have yet to respond (letter emailed, hand delivered etc).
[url=http://www.solitaire-champ.com/free-classic-solitaire.html]158. solitaire-champ.com[/url]
ghastly

Post by ghastly »

I haven't had well experience yet, so I appreciate your advices. I greet you.