David

Drop in & say hello
David

David

Post by David »

Hi everyone,
My wife and I own an apartment in Polis which we purchased 4 years ago. Bought at the stage of the concrete structure being in place but not much else. Like many others we only found out that there were helpful sites on line after we had made our purchase. In many ways we wish we had known about them earlier as knowing about the problems people have experienced would have helped to put our rather minor problems, like completion being a couple of months late, in to perspective. Then again it could have put us off all together which would have been a shame because we have been very happy with our purchase.
Whilst we have every sympathy for those people who have suffered and are still suffering serious problems, we just wanted to say that it is not always a bad experience.

Congratulations to Nigel too for all he is doing to make things better and I am sure this site is going to prove very helpful - like the design too, very clear and easy to navigate.

David
MC

Re: David

Post by MC »

David
Welcome, It is always nice to hear of a successfull relatively trouble free purchase and of course there have been hundreds of them. Like you many have made purchases they are more than pleased with & in my family's case have been doing so since 1974. The problems there are seem to have arisen in the numbers they have since 2004 when a fast buck was there to be had due to the differences in the legal process. A quirk, but one proven to be costly for many. Forums such as this will hopefully prevent others from having a bad experience.
I must confess that although I am not a fan of the Paphos (town) area from where you are all the way along the coast to Pomos must be my favourite bit of the Island. Very nice indeed & I wish you many more years of enjoying those sunsets.
All the very best
Mike
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hello David & welcome to the forum,

I'm pleased to hear that you had a good experience and are happy with your purchase. There are always delays in building works - my house was a couple of weeks late. But at least my architect kept me in the picture as to what was happening and we could organise things accordingly.

I too know many people who have had no problems - but there are now so many people jumping on the gravy train it's very difficult to find people who are reliable and trustworthy. Although the problems have increased over recent years, some go back a long way. I've just been talking with an elderly lady who bought her house back in 1978 and still hasn't got her Title Deeds - her developer is trying to hold her to ransom. Her lawyer is suing him - and is paying the costs out of his own pocket.

And thanks for your comments - I can't take too much credit for the design of the forum - it's a standard package. All I've done is changed the colours and added a few graphics!

Kind regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
David

Post by David »

Thanks Mike and Nigel for the welcome.
We obviously like the Polis area but in the few years since we purchased there has been considerable development. Some of it useful, like a decent supermarket and other stores which has tidied up what were some rather untidy areas but we wonder how long before it also becomes overdeveloped and looses its present charm.
Anyway that's for the future, we just intend to enjoy it while we can!

Regards,

David