New member - Mike

Drop in & say hello
MC

New member - Mike

Post by MC »

Hello all
I am another hoping to be Cyprus bound but have been caught in the web which is the slow, lingering mess of purchase which afflicts some of us. Two and a half years have passed and still we seem to be banging our heads against a brick wall behind which no one seems to listen or show any sparkle of interest, but we shall not give in & will fight to the end & in whatever court is necessary as we feel the end will be worth the means.
Heres hoping.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hello MC and welcome,

I've just read and commented on your other posting. Have you thought about changing your lawyer to someone who would be more proactive in pursuing your case?

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
MC

Post by MC »

Hello & thank you,
Yes we are currently giving them a last chance & would consider another lawyer. The difficulty seems to lie in the fact that our lawyer has sub contracted the securing & transfer of title to another lawyer who per chance was or is the lawyer representing the selling agent & possibly the vendor too. The one lawyer we tried to avoid by choosing what we cosidered to be someone totally independant & from the other side of town in spite of the enthusiastic encouragement we were bombarded with to utilise his services.
Being away from the Island I fear doesn't help (out of sight out of mind) & we are also considering contact with the Attorney General & if required CID as it could appear that there may prove to be a case of deceit & fraud. We hope not, but surely no one can be that incompetant other than by design; or can they?
MC

Post by MC »

It seems our mail referring to our plans to place the matter into the hands of the authorities has secured a response. We are told we should have news by the end of next week. I just hope this is not the same 'next week' that has been mentioned nearly every week for the past 126 weeks since June 2005.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Lets hope you do get a response by the end of the week.

If only some of the lawyers here would show an ounce of initiative, it would be in everyone's interest.

Cheers,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
MC

Re: New member - Mike

Post by MC »

Sadly Nigel this did prove to be another of the "next week's" we have heard so many times before. Here we are at the end of the first week of the new year & no further forward than we were over two years ago except many thousands of pounds poorer & fully bloated to bursting point & beyond on empty broken promises & lies.