Hello to all

Drop in & say hello
Ruthie

Hello to all

Post by Ruthie »

As the newest member (to date), I thought I would just introduce myself from my main home in Worcestershire. Although we have had a property in Cyprus for over 7 years now, I have only recently discovered this site. How useful and friendly it seems!

We have a second home just outside Polis which is within a block of 12 flats. Over the years, all the owners have forged strong relationships with each other and try to get over at the same times - usually April/May/June and September/October. None of us regrets the decision we each made to purchase our properties and we still enjoy spending our time there.

Our 'Management Company' (the developer) are ending their contract with us in September. We have formed a Management Committee and I have been voted on as Secretary/Treasurer. This site has been really helpful to me as I prepare to set everything up and try to put things in place for managing the communal areas. I'm very mindful of trying to comply with Cypriot legislation and regulations, etc. - just wish that the developer could have been too. Have now discovered that they have never insured our communal areas all these years - oh yes, and we too are still awaiting our Title Deeds, along with the thousands of others!

No doubt I shall be calling upon your knowledge and experience (if I may), over the next couple of months, when queries are quite likely to arise over the management issues - can't wait!!
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Hello to all

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Ruthie & welcome to the forum,

Good luck with your 'Management Committee' - and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news