local builders / swimming pool restoration

Drop in & say hello
colin2607

local builders / swimming pool restoration

Post by colin2607 »

Hi everyone my wife deb and i have just purchased in Pernera we hope to rent it out through the summer and live their in the winter, i was wondering if anyone may know about public liability insurance, i believe i need this along with house & content insurance, we also would appreciate any pointers towards local builders we want a small extension and our pool sized reduced.

Regards Colin & Deb
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: local builders / swimming pool restoration

Post by Nigel Howarth »

HI Colin & Deb and welcome to the forum.

Usually, public liability will be included in your home and contents insurance. You'll need to discuss this with your insurer + the fact that you intend to rent the property for part of the year.

As you're planning to add an extension to the property, you will need to permission from the local planning department. You'll probably have to provide them with architectural and structural drawings.

As for building contractors, I suggest you join the Cyprus Eastern Forum whose members will have local knowledge of contractors in the area. (You'll also find me there.)

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

If you don't have the title deeds to your property this may be a big problem.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
colin2607

Post by colin2607 »

Pantheman wrote: 20 Apr 2020 16:27 If you don't have the title deeds to your property this may be a big problem.
hi thanks for advice we do have title deeds
colin2607

Post by colin2607 »

Nigel Howarth wrote: 20 Apr 2020 12:54 HI Colin & Deb and welcome to the forum.

Usually, public liability will be included in your home and contents insurance. You'll need to discuss this with your insurer + the fact that you intend to rent the property for part of the year.

As you're planning to add an extension to the property, you will need to permission from the local planning department. You'll probably have to provide them with architectural and structural drawings.

As for building contractors, I suggest you join the Cyprus Eastern Forum whose members will have local knowledge of contractors in the area. (You'll also find me there.)

Regards,
Nigel many thanks we will join eastern forum we have had quotes from company outside cyprus but was hoping to get local insurance