New Forum User

Drop in & say hello
Sailorpete

New Forum User

Post by Sailorpete »

My wife and I just joined this forum. We are Americans and are seriously thinking of buying a permanent house/villa in Cyprus. We consider it fortunate to have found this forum. We believe it will help us to avoid committing serious mistakes as we enter the buying process. We plan to visit Cyprus in April or May to merely scout the coastal villages and look at properties. This will not be a buying trip. We want to get "a feel" for Cyprus first before making major decisions. During this scouting trip, we would like to meet with one or two competent, ethical, and independent lawyers. Can anyone, who is a member of this forum, recommend some lawyers to us that they have had satisfactory experiences with and recommend lawyers to avoid?
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: New Forum User

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hello Sailorpete and welcome to the forum

Th UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office publishes a list of English-speaking lawyers that you can find at List of lawyers in Cyprus.

And I see that the US Embassy in Nicosia also publishes a list of lawyers that you can find at Legal Assistance. (But I have spotted one on their Paphos list that you must avoid at all costs. I'll send you a PM.)

I'm in Limassol and have used the services of LG Zambartas LLC; they're fine and on the UK list.

Regards
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
socofian4

Post by socofian4 »

Nigel hi,

With the new changes, on citizenship, announced last month an applicant must donate;
a) 75k to the Research and Renovation Foundation and,
b) 75k to the Cuprus Land Development Corporation

Are these amounts over and above the 2.5m required for the investment or are they included?
Also, are these government institutions and who is managing them?

Thanks in advance
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi socofian4

You can find details of the changes at Cyprus Investment Programme and Cyprus Investment Programme – 15 May 2019.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news