New member - Kate

Drop in & say hello
Kate

New member - Kate

Post by Kate »

Hi,

I'm Kate and I live in Cyprus. We have been here for 18 months, having arrived here with no planning, 2 days after completion on our sale in the UK.
Regrets? None. But would I do it the way we did again? NEVER! There is so much information available on sites like this that we were totally unaware of.
We arrived here with no prior knowledge, e.g. Why is Pafos a holiday resort it looks inland on the map?
Research? Not really, we stayed in a hotel for 2 weeks, bought a house and rented for 6 months awaiting completion.
Lucky? I'll say. With hindsight we now know how wrong it could have gone, but good luck, not good planning made everything work out and we are grateful that we are happy here.
Web sites like this are wonderful and no-one needs to take the leap of faith that we did (blindly, I hasten to add)
I hope everyone is as lucky as we were, but you can help yourselves, read lots and ask questions here. Our kind of stupidity might not get you by.
Very best wishes to Nigel on an excellent web site, I know how lucky we were to scrape by without it. No-one else needs to.

Kate :roll:
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Kate,

Welcome to the forum - and a belated welcome to Cyprus - and thank you for your best wishes.

When we first visited Cyprus back in the early 80s, Paphos was a sleepy little village with an attractive fishing harbour. We almost bought some land there, but thought it was too quiet and too far from hospitals, shops and other facilities. It's remarkable how it's changed over 25 years! (And maybe we should have bought that land, it would be worth a fortune now! How's that for bad planning!).

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news