IPT query

Drop in & say hello
castleton

IPT query

Post by castleton »

hi everyone
I am new to this or any forum so please forgive me if i rake up old subjects or state obvious facts, through Nigels exellent info gathering I filled out both forms and submitted the necessary information to be able to pay the IPT for 2014 with the 15% discount.My question is that I have owned the property since december 2006 and have not paid any IPT and neither I gather as my developer (who was on the public listed ones who owed money) can I pay this back dated IPT myself if so would that also be applicable for the 15% discount. Thank you in advance for any input and to Nigel thank you for all your good endeavours

novice
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: IPT query

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hello castleton and welcome to the forum.
can I pay this back dated IPT myself
I'm afraid not. The change in the law, which came into effect this year, was not retrospective.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
castleton

Re: IPT query

Post by castleton »

castleton wrote:hi everyone
I am new to this or any forum so please forgive me if i rake up old subjects or state obvious facts, through Nigels exellent info gathering I filled out both forms and submitted the necessary information to be able to pay the IPT for 2014 with the 15% discount.My question is that I have owned the property since december 2006 and have not paid any IPT and neither I gather as my developer (who was on the public listed ones who owed money) can I pay this back dated IPT myself if so would that also be applicable for the 15% discount. Thank you in advance for any input and to Nigel thank you for all your good endeavours

novice
Nigel Howarth wrote:Hello castleton and welcome to the forum.
can I pay this back dated IPT myself
I'm afraid not. The change in the law, which came into effect this year, was not retrospective.

Regards,

hi nigel

thank you for your help and swift reply

regards
castleton