Page 1 of 1

Public Liability Insurance

Posted: 27 Jun 2014 21:48
by Eileen
Hi, my name is Eileen,

I have just joined this forum as the resort I purchased an apartment on 4yrs ago has been seriously struggling with problems.
As a group of owners of apartments on a resort where the developer has left us "high & dry", we are trying to obtain public liability Ins for the common areas of the development in order to confidently achieve holiday rentals to the public. Do you know a good starting point where can start to get this PL Ins in place please?
I would really appreciate any information (I have contacted Intasure but they’re not able to help) as we are in dire straits with this project.

Re: Public Liability Insurance

Posted: 28 Jun 2014 14:22
by Nigel Howarth
Hi Eileen

You first need to set up a Management Committee to insure, maintain, etc. the common areas of the development. You'll find an English translation of the law at ... gs-law.pdf that will guide you though the process.

And you'll find an article at ... /id=003525 that talks about the insurance (and you can download a copy of the article as a pdf).

I suggest you contact Andrew Stott at 3D Global - he handles all aspects of insurance - see .