Nigel Howarth Checking in

Drop in & say hello
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Nigel Howarth Checking in

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hello everyone,

My interest in Cyprus property was a hobby that got out of hand and became an obsession.

As well as this forum, I have my main website and a news blog, links to which you can find in my signature.

I’m a business consultant who managed to escape the rat race. I ran my own consulting firm for several years and have previously lived and worked in Hong Kong, Australia, South Africa and the Netherlands.

I first bought property in Cyprus in 1992 and designed & built my present home at Erimi, near Limassol, in 2002.

I'm a member of the Cyprus Property Action Group. Our aim is to resolve the many issues & problems associated with buying property in Cyprus through constructive dialogue with Government, industry and associated professional bodies.

I'm the Daily Telegraph's 'Mentor for Cyprus', which together with its companion weekend newspaper, the 'Sunday Telegraph', has a circulation approaching 2,000,000. In also write for a Larnaca based English-language magazine called 'In Touch'; I'm their 'Cyprus Oracle'.

I feature in television programs for Real Estate TV and Overseas Property TV about buying property in Cyprus. And you can listen to my dulcet tones on CyBC (Cyprus Broadcasting Corporation) second radio channel.

I speak at seminars and other events in Cyprus designed to help expatriates planning to make the island their new home.

I'm married to Pat and we we have a cat, which goes by the name of Monty.

As for 'other' hobbies and interests. I'm a member of the Rotary Club of Limassol Berengaria Cosmopolitan (if you're a Rotarian visiting Cyprus do get in touch and come along to one of our regular Wednesday evening meetings). I administer a walking group of around 220 'amblers', I'm a member of a Probus club in Larnaca, and I'm a member of the Cyprus U3A.

I'm really looking forward to my retirement :wink:
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news