Writs of summons issued

Drop in & say hello
Zari786

Writs of summons issued

Post by Zari786 »

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum . Me and my husband bought an off plan property 5 years ago . The biggest mistake of our life . We have had so many problems and it was a Swiss franc mortgage which was clearly mis sold to us by the agents . We were not told the risk and they had sorted someone out to act as our power of attorney . When we think back , I can't believe how stupid of us to trust everything they did for us blindly . Anyway to cut the story short we were issued the writs of summons in Feb . To be honest we are in a very weak position financially and my husband and I decided if they do pass the judgment to uk then the only option we have is bankruptcy as we don't have any assets . Now it's been 7 months since the writs but we have not heard anything from the bank but I am thinking we should fight for it as a lot of things were done wrong and bankruptcy will affect my job as I work in a bank but we don't have a huge amount of money to join the high gate hill solicitors . I need some advise . Firstly is it too late to challenge as the cyprus court might have made a judgement .
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Writs of summons issued

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Zari786 and welcome to the forum.

I'm sure if your case had been heard by a court, you would have received a notice of the judgement. I'm afraid that ignoring writs in the hope they will go away is not an option - I published an article by Judicare (one of the other firms helping those with Swiss Franc mortgages) - see Do not ignore Cypriot bank writs for loan non-payment.

I will send you an email of all the other groups I know of and their contact details. There are many claims of mis-selling and while some of the groups are fighting the banks in court, others are negotiating to reset their mortgages in Euros and reduce the balance and monthly repayments.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Writs of summons issued

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi again Zari786

I've tried sending you an email, but it bounced as 'address not known' - can you please contact me via my Cyprus Property News at http://www.news.cyprus-property-buyers.com/contact/ with a 'woking' email address and I'll send you the info.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news