classified section

Your ideas for improving the forum
Pantheman

classified section

Post by Pantheman »

Hello Nigel,

how about a classifieds section on this board, buying and selling properties etc?

Would be a way to draw people here to check whats on offer.

Just wondered.

Also, wondered about forum sponsoring. Do you have it. I may attract some local businesses and would help the upkeep of the board.

Just an idea.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: classified section

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hello Pan,

I've already had a couple of enquiries about sponsoring the site - I'm still thinking about it.

I look at all my websites as a 'social business' as defined by Muhammad Yunus.

All I'm really looking to do is to recover my costs - and I get a few cents every time someone clicks on one of the Google ads you see here. I also have these on my Cyprus Property Perspective news site and my main website.

As for advertising property - that's a definite no no. It's illegal and I'm sure TPTB would have me taken off the air.

I know people in the property industry keep an eye on my websites and what I'm saying. I had an email from one not so long ago about one of the Google ads which was for a company selling property in the occupied area. Unfortunately, I can't stop these ads until they appear. But once they have, I can add them to an 'exclusion list'.

If I should change my mind about site sponsorship, I'll let you know.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

Nigel Howarth wrote:Hello Pan,

I've already had a couple of enquiries about sponsoring the site - I'm still thinking about it.

I look at all my websites as a 'social business' as defined by Muhammad Yunus.

All I'm really looking to do is to recover my costs - and I get a few cents every time someone clicks on one of the Google ads you see here. I also have these on my Cyprus Property Perspective news site and my main website.

As for advertising property - that's a definite no no. It's illegal and I'm sure TPTB would have me taken off the air.

I know people in the property industry keep an eye on my websites and what I'm saying. I had an email from one not so long ago about one of the Google ads which was for a company selling property in the occupied area. Unfortunately, I can't stop these ads until they appear. But once they have, I can add them to an 'exclusion list'.

If I should change my mind about site sponsorship, I'll let you know.

Regards,
Nigel,

Selling properties by private individuals I meant.

And i don't see where the illegality comes into it as it is not you doing the selling.

Just a thought.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
cyprus101

Post by cyprus101 »

Selling properties by private individuals I meant.

And i don't see where the illegality comes into it as it is not you doing the selling.

Just a thought.
I agree and I would also love to advertise here.
ioanikos77

Post by ioanikos77 »

OR what about a section with professionals associated with buildings and homes (architects, plumbers, construction companies etc)?
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

ioanikos77 wrote: 16 Apr 2020 17:47what about a section with professionals associated with buildings and homes...
As its title suggests, this forum is for buyers sellers and investors of property. I'm sure there will be other forums out there for professionals involved in the design and construction of homes, etc.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
ioanikos77

Post by ioanikos77 »

Nigel Howarth wrote: 18 Apr 2020 09:42
ioanikos77 wrote: 16 Apr 2020 17:47what about a section with professionals associated with buildings and homes...
As its title suggests, this forum is for buyers sellers and investors of property. I'm sure there will be other forums out there for professionals involved in the design and construction of homes, etc.

Regards,
;-)