Wooden Kit home building permit

Building a custom home in Cyprus
Frankie108

Wooden Kit home building permit

Post by Frankie108 »

I am planning on buying a wooden kit home and constructing this on a plot that I own. The building is 70sqm and the plot is 8,500m2. It will sit on a concrete base, no foundations are needed.
In my thinking, this would be a moveable property, and although I understand that a permit is needed, I’m hoping that it would not be as stringent as with a brick and mortar immovable property, whereby I need architectural plans (we have the plans as supplied by the company) or need to do topology reports.

Has anyone had experience with this type of building that can advise?
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Wooden Kit home building permit

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Frankie and welcome to the forum

A couple of friends have timber frame homes that sat on concrete slabs - they are not classed as movable property because for one thing they have to fixed to the slab; they're permanent structures. You'll need to apply for a building permit and planning permission before you go ahead.

You cand further details of what you'll need at http://www.businessincyprus.gov.cy/mcit ... enDocument

I don't know whether the planning criteria are less stringent than a concrete/brick build, but you will have to supply architectural plans and (I think) static drawings.

I see you have a large plot - agricultural? You'll need to check with your architect or the planning authorities. Only licensed contractors can build property.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Frankie108

Re: Wooden Kit home building permit

Post by Frankie108 »

Many thanks for the advice and I ll follow this up