Cypriot Pervoli

You'll need land to build a custom home
deb.smith

Cypriot Pervoli

Post by deb.smith »

I am considering buying what has been advertised as a Cypriot Pervoli (a small piece of agricultural land that is used for weekend retreats normally by local Cypriots).

There is a very small house on it but the owner did not get planning permission. The land does have deeds. Will the government ask for this small building to be demolished?

I am not a non-resident, not Cypriot, nor related to a Cypriot. Is it the law that only Cyprus residents/or related to a Cypriot can build on these pieces of land.

Will I end up with just the land and no building and no opportunity to have a building erected legally?
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Cypriot Pervoli

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi deb and welcome to the forum.

Don't buy this land. In all probability the small building has been built illegally and you will not get planning permission.

The deed will show the land, but not the building and the chances of getting it added are zero.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

deb.smith wrote: 26 Mar 2019 21:42 I am considering buying what has been advertised as a Cypriot Pervoli (a small piece of agricultural land that is used for weekend retreats normally by local Cypriots).

There is a very small house on it but the owner did not get planning permission. The land does have deeds. Will the government ask for this small building to be demolished? This is common practice to put a small dwelling without permission. Although the probability is not zero to ask you to take it down, it is very unlikely that they will, unless they wanted to put some road through it in the future and even then, it could be fought.

I am not a non-resident, not Cypriot, nor related to a Cypriot. Is it the law that only Cyprus residents/or related to a Cypriot can build on these pieces of land. No, nationality is irrelevant, the law is the law and applies to everyone.

Will I end up with just the land and no building and no opportunity to have a building erected legally? It is very unlikely you will get any permit to build a property as there are many criteria to fulfil and just knowing you are not from the area is enough to prevent that. Other conditions apply to agricultural land.
By buying this land you are accepting some risk, if you want to take it then proceed, if not then don't. Nigel's advice is based on taking no risk, the choice is yours.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
deb.smith

Post by deb.smith »

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your comments and opinion.