Boundaries Title Deed problem

You'll need land to build a custom home
Vendela

Boundaries Title Deed problem

Post by Vendela »

Hello!

We have come to the very odd situation, that our parcel, that we are in the buying process from a developer via a third party is shaped different regarding to our land survey compared to the parcel you see on the DLS site. So we tried to make a new survey and asked the developer P. for the second page of the title deeds, where a drawing should be to have an idea, what is going on. Oddly enough, our lawyer has never seen that site in the whole bying process. But they sent us a page, that looked like the survey we did (!) and it is definitely not the title deed site. They say there is no original one. Our lawyer is not helpful, in fact I have more and more doubts about her. The survey was made by her cousin who is a land surveyor and it seems, that something is completely wrong here at all.

1. Can it be, that a parcel looks completely different in shape on the DLS site than on the land registry site?
2. How likely exist title deeds, where the drawing of the map is missing?
3. How can I see the actual catastral map without a lawyer?
4. Do you have any recommendation for a lawyer in Peyia for this matters please?

Thank you for your help, and sorry if I am hard to understand, English is not my first language.

Best wishes, V.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Boundaries Title Deed problem

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hello Vendela

There is obviously something wrong.

I suggest you get the developer to have the site surveyed.

As for lawyers in Paphos, I suggest you contact the Zambartas law office in Paphos.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

Be very careful when buying land. It has been known that buyers are shown a different parcel to what they buy.

1. Ask for a new updated title deed with the second page
2. Ask for an official upto date cadastral plan.
3. Get a new lawyer, lest you get 'shafted', excuse my French.
4. The parcel shope on the DLS site is accurate and if they show you something different be suspicious.
5. Go to the site with the up date cadastral plan and check the site noting any land marks to ensure you have the right place.
6. Employ your own independent land surveyor, perhaps to go with you to identify the parcel you wish to buy.
7. If the sellers/lawyer don't provide any of the above, walk away, something suspicious is going on.

Oh and are you an EU citizen? Are you buying agricultural land or residential land??

Good luck.

Michael Kyprianou Lawyers

ESME PALAS
Partner
esme.palas@kyprianou.com
T:+357 26 930800
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
Vendela

Post by Vendela »

Thank you for your replies.

We are sure it is the right plot, so this is sorted. I now have seen all available plans and they all look different then what our surveyor made. But the boundaries are not official yet.

We will have a new lawyer, this is sure.