Mobile home on agricultural land !

You'll need land to build a custom home
Cris68

Mobile home on agricultural land !

Post by Cris68 »

[b]Hello ![/b]
I intend to buy agricultural land in Cyprus and I would like to know if mobile homes / caravans or container houses can be legally installed on agricultural land. I know that in Western European countries it is forbidden to live in these mobile homes / caravans even if you own this land.

Thanks !
Pantheman

Re: Mobile home on agricultural land !

Post by Pantheman »

If you don't are not an EU or Cypriot citizen, you cannot buy agricultural land.

Putting a mobile home on it is not really an issue, but your have no electric or water as you cannot get connected to the grid.

Also ensure you have a registered road access or a right of way to the plot.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
Cris68

Post by Cris68 »

Hello !
Thank you for answer. I inform you that I am an EU citizen. I have a big caravan that is equipped with everything you need for off camping (solar panels and wind turbines). For water, depending on the area, you can dig a well if you own the land.
The question was whether one could legally live in a caravan set up on agricultural land.
Thanks !
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

Cris68 wrote: 17 Mar 2022 08:55 Hello !
Thank you for answer. I inform you that I am an EU citizen. I have a big caravan that is equipped with everything you need for off camping (solar panels and wind turbines). For water, depending on the area, you can dig a well if you own the land.
The question was whether one could legally live in a caravan set up on agricultural land.
Thanks !
The answer is probably yes, you can say the caravan is for the farming staff. As for a well, you need a permit to dig a well and draw water.

You could always get permit for placing the caravan there too, I don't see this to be an issue, if you want to follow the letter of the law.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
tonjim

Post by tonjim »

Pantheman wrote: 17 Mar 2022 11:50
Cris68 wrote: 17 Mar 2022 08:55 Hello !
Thanks !
The answer is probably yes, you can say the caravan is for the farming staff. As for a well, you need a permit to dig a well and draw water.

You could always get permit for placing the caravan there too, I don't see this to be an issue, if you want to follow the letter of the law.
I'm going to install a container house on agricultural land too. By the way, thanks Pantheman for the answer.
Lately, I've started getting into astrology and I knew a lot of interesting things. I'm Pisces by zodiac sign, and according to the Pisces compatibility chart, I knew that my best match is Cancer, and I think I found her!