Information about a property in Cyprus

Pre-owned properties
SteveDelfonceoRE

Information about a property in Cyprus

Post by SteveDelfonceoRE »

Hello :-)

There is a particular plot of land in Nicosia that my clients are interested in investigating further, before purchasing the land.

My question is, is there an option to find out who owns a certain property ?
Are there any online services that are available for this kind of inquiry ? a search engine for parcel or properties ?
Cadastral maps or public data base that is available for real estate buyers, for searching by owner name/ID or property registry number?

Looking forward for your answers
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Information about a property in Cyprus

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hello SteveDelfonceoRE and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately much of the information held by the Land Registry in the register of titles in Cyprus is confidential.

If you know the details of the property location/sheet/plot/plan you can get a cadastral plan of the area and it's latest taxation value by following the guide at http://www.news.cyprus-property-buyers. ... id=0018025

Probably the best way of finding who owns a particular piece of land is to ask in the local village - or if a lawyer has 'good contacts' in the Land Registry they may be able to find out for you.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Pantheman

Re: Information about a property in Cyprus

Post by Pantheman »

SteveDelfonceoRE wrote:Hello :-)

There is a particular plot of land in Nicosia that my clients are interested in investigating further, before purchasing the land.

My question is, is there an option to find out who owns a certain property ?
Are there any online services that are available for this kind of inquiry ? a search engine for parcel or properties ?
Cadastral maps or public data base that is available for real estate buyers, for searching by owner name/ID or property registry number?

Looking forward for your answers
Is the plot your client wants actually for sale? If so then the owner can request a search of the surrounding properties, owners etc from the land registry.

If he is just interested to see if it might be for sale, then a registered Agent or one of the LR agents (normally working outside) may be able to get such a search done.

Beware though, addresses given may not be up to date and owners may have changed (within the family) and not yet registered. I suggest going to the village where this land is and asking at the council or even as Nigel says the coffee shop in the first instance.

Hope that helps
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com