Title Deeds

Where do I go to find out about...
nlp

Title Deeds

Post by nlp »

There are a number of companies offering a service to get title deeds issued, one estate agent wants 4k euros, solicitor 3k euros, all seems a bit excessive as it isn't guaranteed & money up front.

What is the best way to proceed to obtain our title deeds, our Villa is in Agia Thekla?

Many thanks
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Title Deeds

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi nlp & welcome to the forum.

I wrote an article about these 'services' - "We will get your Title Deeds for a price" - and the Cyprus Mail followed it up a week later with one of its own - "Is help at hand with Title Deeds?"

Now that property isn't selling, these people have got to make their money somehow!!

If you wish to make an application under the 'Planning Amnesty' (which is what these people are offering) you can submit a statement of intent yourself before October this year, followed by a full application by April 7 2014 - I am waiting for an English translation of the application forms.

If your property does not suffer from any planning infringements, then you need to 'push' your developer to move things along.

How long ago did you buy the property?

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
nlp

Post by nlp »

Hi Nigel

Thanks for the reply, we completed our purchase in March 2007. There are no problems as far as I am aware but would like to get the deeds issue sorted for peace of mind. I have emailed our developer twice without any response any suggestions on how to get them moving would be most welcome as would a copy of the form once you get a copy so we can apply regardless.

Many thanks

Nigel (another one) nlp
Nigel Howarth wrote:Hi nlp & welcome to the forum.

I wrote an article about these 'services' - "We will get your Title Deeds for a price" - and the Cyprus Mail followed it up a week later with one of its own - "Is help at hand with Title Deeds?"

Now that property isn't selling, these people have got to make their money somehow!!

If you wish to make an application under the 'Planning Amnesty' (which is what these people are offering) you can submit a statement of intent yourself before October this year, followed by a full application by April 7 2014 - I am waiting for an English translation of the application forms.

If your property does not suffer from any planning infringements, then you need to 'push' your developer to move things along.

How long ago did you buy the property?

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Nigel (another one)

I will publish an article in Cyprus Property News once I have an English translation of the forms, together with a link to the forms for people to use.

However, unless your property has planning infringements, I doubt that they will help. Even if the developer has done everything correctly, it takes around 8 - 10 years for Title Deeds to be issued, see Cyprus' planning laws.

We have just been inspected for a second time by the Land Registry in Limassol (the guy left about 20 minutes ago). He said that they only have 10 inspectors for the whole of the Limassol District. He will be inspecting three or four other properties today and then has to write a report on each of them before their deeds can be issued.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
christophorou_c

Post by christophorou_c »

i know developers that issue title deeds maximum in 2 years.
Is not always 6-8 years waiting
nlp

Post by nlp »

I have got a feeling for our builders even 6-8 years will be quick , I would love to speed them up, the government are missing out on a potential fortune in fees.
christophorou_c wrote:i know developers that issue title deeds maximum in 2 years.
Is not always 6-8 years waiting
Molly

Post by Molly »

Hi Nigel

Could you please tell me the procedure, once you are informed that your title deeds are ready?

Thanks

Molly
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Molly,

You can read about the process of the actual transfer at http://www.moi.gov.cy/moi/citizenschart ... enDocument

Normally you will go to the District Lands Office (or someone from your lawyer's office will go on your behalf) at a convenient time for you and your developer. You will need to take your passport and chequebook/cash to pay the Property Transfer Fees.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
Molly

Post by Molly »

Thanks Nigel, I knew it was somewhere, but couldn't find it........:)
nlp

Post by nlp »

Morning Nigel

Not exactly the same theme but close, I have been told, although I find it hard to believe, that there is to be a 6 month window on fees when the deeds are issued. If you paid VAT then there will be no charge for the deeds, if you haven't paid VAT then you will get a 50% reduction in the fee, which will mean a saving of 5000plus euros for us.

Has this any validity?

Cheers
Nigel
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Good morning Nigel,

The law, which came into force last Friday only applies to the first sale of a property where a Contract of Sale is dated and deposited at the Land Registry within a 6 month window starting on 2nd December.

I published an article on this subject yesterday at http://www.news.cyprus-property-buyers. ... /id=009989

The purpose of the law is to encourage the sale of new property.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth