Branches of trees collection

Where do I go to find out about...
shatulina

Branches of trees collection

Post by shatulina »

Hi, can anyone advice on how we can dispose the branches we cut from trees around our building? We do not own yellow collecting bins, we have a closed space from where the garbage in plastic bags are collected... we were told by the garbage collectors not to cut the branches in small parts and put them in plastic bags as they can damage the pressing garbage machines... Thank you in advance!
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Branches of trees collection

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi shatulana

I believe you're in Limassol? We're in Erimi and have a very large Green Point in Kolossi where we take our tree prunings and other items. It is very well laid out and has about 20 skips for various items ranging from furniture, sanitary ware and electrical appliances to medicines and tree prunings. There's a separate area for large branches.

There's another in Fasoula and two more in Avdimou and Parekklisia. I don't know where exactly these are but I'm sure someone in the local community office will give you directions.

You can read more about these Green Points at Green Points in Limassol District in operation for bulky waste.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
shatulina

Post by shatulina »

Thank you, Nigel! I was somehow expecting to be a possibility for the branches to be collected from the address, we do not have the means for transport to Green Points. We are paying already garbage collection... I will call tomorrow the Municipality.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

You could try to find someone to take them away for you - perhaps someone with a twin cab. But they'll need to be paid for their troubles.

We have our trees cut every two years. As I recall the man with the skip charges us €50.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
Marissa

Post by Marissa »

I ordered a Skip but no longer the 50 euro it used to be but 165 Euro, however it was far easier than trying to dispose of it myself.
My only query is, where does it go as there are no real recycling plants in Cyprus, and being Palm trees, no good for burning either.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Marrissa and welcome to the forum

There are a number of waste recycling sites in Cyprus. We have a very large one in Kolossi (Limassol) where we take all out plant cuttings and other recyclables. It's also used by commercial companies.

There are four recycling sites in Limassol district - Green Points in Limassol.

I expect there's be similar facilities in your district.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth