Alpha Bank and Swiss Franc Mortgages!

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Alpha Bank and Swiss Franc Mortgages!

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Scott & welcome to the forum.

I've sent you a PM with names and contact details of he various groups.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
dave1954

Post by dave1954 »

Hi Nigel

I am new to the forum and this is my first post.
Again can you forward me info on the groups taking action against the swiss franc mortgages

Thanks
Dave
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Dave & welcome to the forum.

I have just PM'd you the list.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
stelladavid

Post by stelladavid »

Hello,
I hope we can get some good advice here as we are certainly not getting decent advice from our Cypriot lawyer.
We purchased a detached villa off plan in 2006 and got keys in 2008. Like others we were mislead by being sold a swiss franc mortgage with the Alpha bank. Our initial lawyer, we discovered was also the developer's lawyer and not only that but his partner. We put down a deposit of £45,000 and again like others our settlement figure is thousands over the actual cost of the villa and we have been paying the mortgage for 5 years now. We obviously ditched the infamous female lawyer and have a new lawyer although we do not feel our questions have been answered. We were not present when our old lawyer signed the power of agreement on our behalf and have valid proof of this through her emails to us asking us to sign the document and return to her. Again like others we are unable to rent our villa due to increasing costs of flights etc and we are just throwing good money away for bad. The news we have just received from our lawyer is that she has managed to get our mortgage restructured.....and wait for it....with the last payment being when my partner is 81 and I am 71 at a repayment which we cannot afford! We do not wish to sign anything until we can get sound advice and hence the reason for joining this forum.
Many thanks for listening.
Stella and David
Scotland.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hello Stella & David - welcome to the forum.

There are two paths that you can follow - (1) renegotiate the loan with the Alpha Bank and (2) take action against the bank if you consider you were mis-sold the CHF home loan.

I have emailed you the contact details for the various groups involved in negotiating and taking action.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
Antonios

Post by Antonios »

Hello Nigel,
We too have a swiss franc mortgage, we have managed to get Alpha bank to agree for us to go on interest only as we can't afford the repayments anymore but it is only for a year at a time and then has to be reviewed again, how long we can do this for I don't know.
We have put the house on the market but we all know this is a very long shot so please can you pass on the details of the groups that are dealing with the problems with Alpha bank and maybe we can find a solution.

Thank you Jan.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hello Jan & Welcome to the forum,

I have just sent you an email with contact details for the various CHF mortgage groups.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
rhianna

Post by rhianna »

Hi Nigel

I wonder if I could also ask you to send me details of anyone that might be able to offer help with the swiss franc mortgage problem.

Many thanks in advance
Richard
rhianna

Laiki Bank Mortgage

Post by rhianna »

Good Afternoon Nigel

I have a swiss franc mortgage with Laiki Bank, the account is in arrears. Since Laiki bank has closed I have not been notified of where my mortgage now is and with whom? who would you suggest I contact? Any help would be appreciated. Regards Richard
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Laiki Bank Mortgage

Post by Nigel Howarth »

rhianna wrote:Since Laiki bank has closed...
The Laiki Bank hasn't closed - I have an account with them and withdrew money yesterday. It's going to take six months I guess for the amalgamation to be completed.

(I've sent you a list of the various CHF loan groups).

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
Kdaisydog

Post by Kdaisydog »

Hi Nigel,

I can't believe so many people are in the same position as we are!!
We have spoke to George but still don't really understand what the situation will be if he takes the case.
I would love the list too if possible, and can I ask is there a forum or link that is available for us affected people to join forces and speak to each other?
It's ok one solicitor telling us to hand over a couple of thousand and then 10-20% of whatever he will save us but how do I know how many people he has on his case load, it'd be good to speak to people that are further down the line and can reassure us that we are doing the right thing moving forward with this case.
Thanks

Kelly x
LadieGolfer

Post by LadieGolfer »

Hi.

Thank you for running this Forum. I am also caught up in the Alpha Bank / SFM situation, frankly its making me ill!
Can you send me the list of contacts who I can ask for help and advice, please.

Many Thanks
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

LadieGolfer wrote:Can you send me the list of contacts who I can ask for help and advice, please.
I've sent you an email with the list of contacts.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
LadieGolfer

Post by LadieGolfer »

ACTION is REQUIRED.

Can all who have this CHF / Alpha Bank problem write to their MEP.
IF we all stand together maybe things will budge.....

We all have been truly taken to the cleaners by the Cypriot Banks, surley this againt all of our Human Rights to be treated like this, fobbed off and the banks playing with our money, all of our good intentions to bring tourism and spend our cash in this Country and they treat us like this.............it is criminal.

We need to lobby the MEP, and the Government of our Countries for their help in this.

Will joining PICAS help our plight????

If each and every one of us walked away from the bank and did not pay the mortgages for a few months, they would be brought to their knees, I would like to see them take 100000s of us to court!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ladie Golfer.
joepm

Post by joepm »

Nigel,
if you're not fed up of sending out those contact details for the groups yet, I'd be grateful for the info. Thanks.