Finding Info on IPT Tax payments

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
geoffatmhg

Finding Info on IPT Tax payments

Post by geoffatmhg »

I have been paying IPT to our developer for approx 6 years. Having read various topics on this 1st class forum I have requested proof from him the he in turn has forwarded my payments to the relevant authority. He is reluctant/slow to supply this information. Can I, as an individual owner (no title deeds yet) find proof or otherwise of his payment on my behalf? If so how?
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Finding Info on IPT Tax payments

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Geoff,

I don't believe there's any way you can find proof of payments made on your behalf without the co-operation of the developer. There's an article on my Cyprus Property News site about Immovable Property Tax and the information you should be getting from the developer regarding your contribution to his Immovable Property Tax bill.

Any record of payments you make will (should) be in the developer's accounts. The Inland Revenue will have no record of your contributions.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
geoffatmhg

Post by geoffatmhg »

Thanks for your prompt reply. I am not particularly concerned about my personal payment but, the developer has been receiving IPT " contributions" for many years from a few dozen owners. It would be great to be able to check if payments have reached the tax authorities. There is obviously no Freedom of Information Act (or equivalent) in Cyprus law.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

I'm not sure that a Freedom of Information Act would cover something like this. But if it's a limited company, then annual accounts will be published - and you can get these from Creditinfo Cyprus Ltd.

Cheers,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news