taking legal action for unpaid rent and utilities

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
ptroncin

taking legal action for unpaid rent and utilities

Post by ptroncin »

hello,

I plan to take legal action against tenant who left before the end of tenancy without paying the last last rents and elect/water bills.
Altogether I may claim over 1600 Euros at the court. I have already contacted a lawyer. But need to know if I decide to take action, what are my chances to be successfull.
I know the tenants have a fitness center that they probably bought on loan from the bank. So I am not sure if we will be able to use that asset to enforce the claim.
Have you heard of similar cases in which the landlord could get some money back?

thanks in advance for your help,

Patricia Troncin
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: taking legal action for unpaid rent and utilities

Post by Nigel Howarth »

ptroncin wrote:But need to know if I decide to take action, what are my chances to be successful.
I know the tenants have a fitness center that they probably bought on loan from the bank. So I am not sure if we will be able to use that asset to enforce the claim.
I'm afraid that I cannot say what your chances of winning are - your lawyer will be able to give you an idea once he/she has reviewed all the papers and evidence relating to your claim.

One thing you may be able to do if your court action is successful is to lodge a 'memo' for the amount owed against all the properties the tenants own, which will prevent them from selling until the debt is repaid.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news