Complaints toThe Disciplinary Board of Advocates

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
Scots Lad

Re: Complaints toThe Disciplinary Board of Advocates

Post by Scots Lad »

Jane

As to good lawyers in Cyprus maybe there is ?

But what happens when they are representing there client, and the other side has a crooked lawyer.

What can they do complain to whom the Attorney General or the CBA Leadership ? As many off the crooked lawyers hold positions of power in the CBA I think you find the good lawyer just shakes his head and remains silent.

You your self are a greek speaking person will understand why they choose this course of being silent.
Scots Lad

Post by Scots Lad »

AndyP

Three questions

1. Have you been paid the 1000 Euros the Board fined Emily Lemonatti ?

2. Has she made a appeal to the Supreme Court as her public statement to the newspapers or has the time
ran out ?

3. Has the CBA Leadership contacted you over her threats to you as reported in the Cyprus Mail ?
andyp

Post by andyp »

Scots Lad-

1. I do not get anything from the DBA. It is just a fine levied against the so called Advocate if found guilty. 1000 euros is the maximum fine they can charge. Not a lot but that is it. The benefit of this cheap (78 euros) route, especially if other victims are living in Cyprus, is the guilty verdict as this is issued under the name of The Attorney General. Always helpful for future court actions!
We did not however need to take it further as we discovered from Lemoniati's defence papers that our 60k developers mortgage had been cleared. Would this have been cleared had we not pursued her? I do not know but we are relieved that it has been cleared.

2. As far as I know, despite her outburst in the Mail, an appeal has not been lodged but I may not be informed as Lemoniati would be appealing against The Attorney General and not me. I would assume that if she did I would be called to give evidence again but who knows. I have not been contacted regarding her proposed law suit against me either but time will tell.

3. No. I suspect they will do the usual and say nothing and hope it all goes away, which it probably has.

In my opinion she should have been expelled but we went into this not expecting anything and we got the added bonus of a mortgage free house. It is time consuming and stressful but well worth it.

Had we not got a guilty verdict Cyprus Mail would never have published her name. Now all you have to do is google it. Now there is a thought! Hopefully others that follow will now be warned.