Complaints toThe Disciplinary Board of Advocates

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
andyp

Re: Complaints toThe Disciplinary Board of Advocates

Post by andyp »

I am afraid that as yet I do not have a ruling on the case although it would have been nice, depending on the decision, to get one with my Christmas card from The Disciplinary Board.

Having said that it has been two and a half years to get here so I can wait. Unfortunately the longer I wait the more likelihood of The Stigette picking up some more victims of the future.
Scots Lad

Post by Scots Lad »

Andy P Xmas Eve and still no decision from the CBA Leadership. You are now over two and a half years seeking justice same as Conor and so many others.

Well 2012 we can look forward the CBA change there President, yes Doros moves on his six years is over maybe Petros the AG will also seek green pastures both may be attracted to represent say the Taxi drivers or Civil Servants.

With there going Cypriots and all other nationalities will benifit only such as the Stiquette and other rotten apples will mourn them leaving office.

Merry Xmas Andy P and all other victims
footy123

Post by footy123 »

I,m getting a little worried now.I have got a property here on the market and i intend to engage a femail lawyer( who handled the purchase of the property in the correct manner) to complete the sale for me.Oh dear what if its the "Stiquette"and i dont know about it.Can anyone give me any clues to who the "Stiquette" is. I understand a name cant be made but any clues?
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

footy123 wrote:I understand a name cant be made but any clues?
I can tell you that she is NOT one of the lawyers on the list provided by the British High Commission.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Scots Lad

Post by Scots Lad »

maybe a bitter lemon ?
footy123

Post by footy123 »

Thanks Scots Lad but i never was any good at cryptic clues. :-?
Scots Lad

Post by Scots Lad »

Well Footy123

Pardon me !! as she may say Em the Bitter lemon.

Suggest If you are looking for a Honest Lawyer (There is 1950 plus registered with the CBA) some are thought to be honest contact PICAS or CPAG the BHC do have a list which has been culled down to a few over the last few years

Another way some suggest, If your property is in Paphos use a out off Town lawyer,

best off luck
footy123

Post by footy123 »

Thanks Scotts Lad,will take your advice and will contact one of the bodies you have mentioned when i get a buyer.Or should i say IF i get a buyer :-(
andyp

Post by andyp »

Well folks it has been nearly three years since I lodged my complaint against The Stigette with the Disciplinary Board of Advocates and I am finally pleased to report that the Board has upheld my complaint and found her guilty of the charges.

I am not in receipt of all the paperwork so cannot say much but a guilty verdict is good news.

As has been posted by others the sentencing powers of the Board are not great but at least a verdict in favour of a victim instead of the Lawyer is progress and opens the door for further action if required.
melwil

Post by melwil »

Andy P,

That is fantastic news. Well done to you for pursuing this to its conclusion when most others would likely have given up at the thought of no justice.

Is there any chance that she will be struck off the solicitors roll, or at least restricted in how she can practice, ie as a junior solicitor under strict supervison from a psrnter until she can prove competence over a period of time.
andyp

Post by andyp »

Melwil

Thanks for your comments.
Our "friend" The Stigette could face one of five penalties to be determined by The Board:-
1. Struck off
2. Suspended for a period of time.
3. Pay a fine up to 1000 euros.
4. Receive a reprimand.
5. Pay for the costs of the proceedings.

I am unaware of any Cyprus Advocate being struck off or suspended!

I am pleased to have got the guilty verdict as in the case of many others going down this route they have been fobbed off for various reasons so at least this is a step forward I hope.
melwil

Post by melwil »

Thank andyp.

Are the details of the hearing and outcome to be published somewhere official?

Thanks
andyp

Post by andyp »

I doubt they have any official publication Melwil.

If anyone wants any help to go down this route feel free to drop me a PM.

This is not however a route to obtain direct personal compensation but it can help providing they find in your favour.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

melwil wrote:Are the details of the hearing and outcome to be published somewhere official?
Regrettably, the decisions & judgements of the Disciplinary Committee are not available for public inspection.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
footy123

Post by footy123 »

Nigel Howarth wrote:
melwil wrote:Are the details of the hearing and outcome to be published somewhere official?
Regrettably, the decisions & judgements of the Disciplinary Committee are not available for public inspection.

Regards,
So how are we to find out who this person is,so that we can make a more informed decission whan employing a lawyer :-?