overlay and gravel installation on a garden

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
ptroncin

overlay and gravel installation on a garden

Post by ptroncin »

hi,

can someone tell me how much would cost of overlay and gravel on a garden of 89square meters?
Any body knows if i ask my letting agency to choose a landscape company do do the job, does the agency get a commision?

thank you
Patricia Troncin
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: overlay and gravel installation on a garden

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Patricia

I think this something that you had best organise yourself when you are next in Cyprus. There are so many types and colours of gravel (we have grey and brown) and their costs vary.

You'll need to have all the vegetation from the area removed and then the ground should be raked flat. Then install a membrane over the area and lay the gravel.

We have a 5cm layer that stopped the weeds coming through BUT dust has blown in and I now have to spray the gravel once/year to kill them.

If you use your letting agency to organise this, there is always a possibility that they receive a commission.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
ptroncin

Re: overlay and gravel installation on a garden

Post by ptroncin »

hello Nigel,

thank you for your help. I cannot go to Cyprus now so I have to resort to the agency to do the job.
I just wanted to get an estimate to make sure that the job is not overpriced;
Agency gave me an estimate of 795 Euros plus VAT for 89 square meters; i do not know if this is realistic or not,

thanks,

Patricia Troncin