Green vs. domestic area

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
MartaN

Green vs. domestic area

Post by MartaN »

Hello,
I am new in the forum and very pleasantly surprised to have found this website. Well done.
My question is: where can I look for information and regulations regarding building a restaurant in domestic area? Are there any allowances to build such business within a neighborhood? Also what else can be done in domestic property and what can be build in a green area?
Thank you so much for your help,

Kind Regards,
Marta
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Green vs. domestic area

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hello Marta and welcome to the forum.

You will need to discuss what can and cannot be built in any specific area with your local Town Planning Authority to get a precise answer on this.

Land in Cyprus is divided into different zones such as residential, agricultural, animal rearing, industrial, retail, green belt, tourist - and what you can and cannot build in each of these is controlled. (E.g. You would not get permission to build a goat farm in a tourist zone - or a hotel in an industrial zone - or a nightclub in a residential zone).

Every five years, zoning classifications are reviewed. This could result, for example, in an agricultural zone (or part of it) being re-classified as a residential zone, etc.

Then other factors come into play. These include: building density, site coverage, usage, height and number of floors; and define the overall parameters and constraints of any structures that can be erected and the use to which they are put.

Nothing can be built in a 'green area'.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
MartaN

Re: Green vs. domestic area

Post by MartaN »

Thank you very much for the prompt answer!
Kind Regards