How do I find out the value of property my properties ?

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
LoveCyprusGAL

How do I find out the value of property my properties ?

Post by LoveCyprusGAL »

My husband who is Greek cypriot and myself live in USA. We own some properties in his name They are located outside a mountain village. There has been recent business developments built closeby and a new road How can i get a real picture as to the value as no-one will tell us. And we have been aggressively approached by some sinister relatives to trade it for other land located further up in the mountains I need to get in contact with someone who can help me privately figure out the values and also give me insight on the housing market particularily interested in the area of Paphos. :?: :-))
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: How do I find out the value of property my properties ?

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi LoveCyprusGAL and welcome to the Cyprus Property Forum.

The Cyprus property market is depressed at the moment, but if you want to find out the value of your husband's land you will need to get it valued.

There are a number of property valuers here - I will send you an email with the contact details of one in Nicosia - he will be able to let you know how much a valuation is likely to cost. And, if you decide to go ahead, he will need to know the precise location of the land - I expect you husband has the Title Deed?

Unfortunately, family squabbles over land are becoming very common here as prices have risen so much in recent years.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Pantheman

Re: How do I find out the value of property my properties ?

Post by Pantheman »

Hi LCG, you could get it valued as Nigel has suggested, but this is, in my opinion, an academic exercise and would only be of much use if you were looking to borrow money on it.

Paphos is in a particularly depressed state from a housing point of view and any idea of new development should be considered very hard.

Apart from a monetory point of view, you need to look at the usage and resale capability of the plot. Maybe your relatives have a higher value piece to exchange, but cannot do anything with it. The zoning is important when you are consisdering, buying, selling, exchanging land.

If you want some idea what you could get for yours, search for land in similar locations, of similar usage and get a feel for what is on offer. the market forces dictate the price, not necesserily the valuation.

Hope that helps

Pan
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com