Electric Poles

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
Polemi Dave

Electric Poles

Post by Polemi Dave »

Hi Nigel

I got home yesterday to find AEK had installed a pole in our garden. I would have agreed as we want our neighbours to get electric ASAP, but they never bothered to ask. We are actual not beneficial owners and have held the land deeds since Jan 2009.

Are there are rules or can AEK stick a pole right in your pool if they want?

Just interested and wondering if I should write to AEK for an explanation.

Dave
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Electric Poles

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Dave,

What AHK does when someone requests supply and lines & poles have to be installed is to write to the landowners asking permission to cross/erect poles on their land. If they do not hear from those landowners, they go ahead with the installation. (But whether you agree/disagree to the poles/lines on/over your land, the AHK will install them anyway.)

It is possible that they wrote to you and the letter got lost in the post.

It might be worthwhile having a word with the customer services department to see what has happened.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

Hi,

As long as you never agreed by signing any paperwork, I understand you can get them removed.

However, it depends on where in you garden they placed them. Is you house and older house?? Does it have pavements? I ask because if you live in an older property where you boundary wall goes out to the road, then the bit the post is in may be dedicated to pavements. When villages are realigned and roads and pavements drawn up then, existing walls fall outside of the original plot.

If you were to re-develop your land you may find that the planning department will force you to set back leaving space for pavements. This is all based on my assumption detailed above.

They have put a post and support in my plot adjacent to my MiL house, but I know this road is going to be developed in the future and the bit it sits in will become pavement, so nothing I can do.

if you would like to describe further the layout it might shine more light. itherway it is best to talk to the AHK and see what they got to say first.

Good luck let us know.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
Polemi Dave

Post by Polemi Dave »

Thanks Nigel

I doubt I would get any sense out of Paphos AEK and I don't wan't the pole removed so my neighbours electric gets delayed - they have waited 2.5 years.

I suspect the developer just signed that the land was his when in fact I took the deeds 15 months ago. A very common trait here in Paphos is to sell land but then continue to act as if you still own it.

We caught the developers staff stealing our building materials and dumping rubbish on our land - he had told his staff the land was still his. They apologised and the next day my wife caught them doing it again. Apparently its not minor theft if you don't get caught and if you do and you put the item back then its not theft either.

Don't yer just love em :-)) :-?
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Dave,

You should visit AHK customer services (with your Title Deed) and ask why they didn't contact you about their intention to erect the pole.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news