Field converted to Building site

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
propex

Field converted to Building site

Post by propex »

Hello everyone.
I have done my best to search the forum but unfortunately I was unable to find my answer here: would someone please enlighten me on the procedure required to convert some property with the FIELD type to BUILDING SITE? I was under impression that's not possible.
Context: my house faces an agricultural garden across the road (within Limassol). Some fruit trees, garden beds, vegetables etc. It was categorized as FIELD type on the DLS portal. Now I can see its type being changed to BUILDING SITE and while the garden is still there I am afraid it won't be for long anymore. Is this possible to convert it, is it possible to lodge some kind of a complaint against it from the position of the neighbours? I honestly have no clue, thank you very much in advance and have a good day.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Field converted to Building site

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi propex and welcome to the forum

Each district/municipality prepares a five-year plan. You can see a map for Lakatamia in Nicosia district at https://nyw.uhl.mybluehost.me/lakatamia ... atamia.pdf and the actual plan at https://nyw.uhl.mybluehost.me/lakatamia ... Aitima.pdf

As the population expands, more land is needed for housing - and this requires the re-zoning of land from agricultural to residential. All this is contained in Limassol's 5-year plan.

You can't complain or do anything about it (apart from buying the land.)

We bought our land thirty years ago. It had earlier been a field, which had been sub-divided into eight building plots. On the opposite side of the main road, the land was agricultural. But this has been re-zoned subsequently and a number of houses built.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

propex wrote: 23 Feb 2024 16:06 Hello everyone.
I have done my best to search the forum but unfortunately I was unable to find my answer here: would someone please enlighten me on the procedure required to convert some property with the FIELD type to BUILDING SITE? I was under impression that's not possible.
Context: my house faces an agricultural garden across the road (within Limassol). Some fruit trees, garden beds, vegetables etc. It was categorized as FIELD type on the DLS portal. Now I can see its type being changed to BUILDING SITE and while the garden is still there I am afraid it won't be for long anymore. Is this possible to convert it, is it possible to lodge some kind of a complaint against it from the position of the neighbours? I honestly have no clue, thank you very much in advance and have a good day.
The fact that is says field doesn't mean its agricultural if that's what you mean, because I had a little trouble understanding what your problem was.

Even if the opposite land was a field, if it is in the building zone it can get developed . Now, to turn something into a building plot "Oikopedo' would mean adding paving, roads, utilities and so on. Perhaps it just the way the land registry has designated it. Send me your plot registration no. and I'll look it up.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
propex

Post by propex »

Hello Nigel Howarth, Pantheman,

Thank you for your replies. I was under impression the conversion is either very hard or not possible but now I understand I was wrong. I am just upset a green garden next to me is most likely going to be replaced by a several-years-long construction site with possibly yet another high building completely blocking the sea view for us. Thank you anyway for your kind assistance! There's no need for me to send the plot details in order to save time for everyone. Have a nice day!
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

propex wrote: 28 Feb 2024 14:04high building
You can find the maximum height, coverage and density of anything built on the adjacent land on the DLS database.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news