How on earth does someone sell land in Cyprus?

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
saint_mm

How on earth does someone sell land in Cyprus?

Post by saint_mm »

I have been trying to sell land and a plot with a house in it for years. I've done whatever one expects to be done; build detailed lists, Dynamic-pricing (based on demand), google maps using KLM files for precision, I gathered all the data (even cadastral maps, and all the info from the CY DLS site), composed a comprehensive email and made a list of all estate agents in Cyprus (yes all of them, so far 333 addresses) ... yet still I cannot get any hits (!) ... How do you guys think or know land is actually sold on this island? What other channels are there to promote your assets for sale? Am I out of the loop on some obvious way of selling your property? Kindly see a list of some of the items I'm selling here; ADVERTISEMENT REMOVED (please refer to terms of membership.)

Some plots also fall under the new provision for financial assistance with the Government's "Housing Plan for the Revitalization of Mountainous, Critical and Disadvantaged Areas" - I've noted in the plots description which ones do; http://www.moi.gov.cy/moi/moi.nsf/All/3 ... enDocument
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: How on earth does someone sell land in Cyprus?

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi saint_mm and welcome to the forum.

I have removed the link advertising the land you wish to sell - you seem to own a lot!!

We found our land by driving around the area in which we were interested and looking for 'For Sale' signs.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
GSPORT

Post by GSPORT »

Hi - Are they residential or agricultural?
saint_mm

Post by saint_mm »

To be fair Nigel it isn't advertisement as there is no contact information.
saint_mm

Post by saint_mm »

GSPORT wrote: 25 Mar 2023 19:31 Hi - Are they residential or agricultural?
They are mostly agricultural. One is in town residential. Still having trouble promoting them in a way that gets attention. The posting of a sign on the filed is rather obvious and I am surprised I missed it!
GSPORT

Post by GSPORT »

What city/region? I'm always on the look out for a residential plot to build on in the future, but my preference is Larnaca but I'm quite picky about the location, size and local neighbourhood.

We also own a decent amount of agricultural fields but nobody will want them for a worthwhile amount. Due to their size, if they were residential or you could build on them we'd probably be looking at in excess of 200,000-300,000 for them all but we'd probably be lucky to get 10,000 for all of them because they are agricultural.
saint_mm

Post by saint_mm »

Nigel Howarth wrote: 24 Mar 2023 19:38 Hi saint_mm and welcome to the forum.

I have removed the link advertising the land you wish to sell - you seem to own a lot!!

We found our land by driving around the area in which we were interested and looking for 'For Sale' signs.

Regards,
To be fair Nigel it isn't advertisement as there is no contact information.