Large Vehicle Access

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
thomthom49

Large Vehicle Access

Post by thomthom49 »

I am in the UK and arrive in Cyprus on 22 Sept to live. I have bought a 2 bed apartment to live in until I find a larger house with some land. I am considering the purchase of a bungalow on the outskirts of Polemi. I have had to people visit the property for me and both indicated the road to the property from Polemi Village is in terrible condition with trees and hedgerow making it difficult to pass in a passenger vehicle never-mind a heavy goods vehicle. Neither of them believe a large vehicle delivering building materials or a cement mixer or cement pump would currently be able to get to the property. It is a modern property built of concrete construction in 2000 so at that point large vehicles were able to get there to deliver. My question is who is responsible for making the road passable if it is a registered road? And I don't even know if the road is registered. Is such a task even feasible? Thanks for any answers you may offer.
Pantheman

Re: Large Vehicle Access

Post by Pantheman »

thomthom49 wrote: 24 Aug 2022 20:42 I am in the UK and arrive in Cyprus on 22 Sept to live. I have bought a 2 bed apartment to live in until I find a larger house with some land. I am considering the purchase of a bungalow on the outskirts of Polemi. I have had to people visit the property for me and both indicated the road to the property from Polemi Village is in terrible condition with trees and hedgerow making it difficult to pass in a passenger vehicle never-mind a heavy goods vehicle. Neither of them believe a large vehicle delivering building materials or a cement mixer or cement pump would currently be able to get to the property. It is a modern property built of concrete construction in 2000 so at that point large vehicles were able to get there to deliver. My question is who is responsible for making the road passable if it is a registered road? And I don't even know if the road is registered. Is such a task even feasible? Thanks for any answers you may offer.
A couple of things.

Assuming the property you are buying has a planning and building permit, then IF this is the official access then yes it would be a registered road otherwise no such permits would have been issued.

Then, even though it is a registered road, the village council have the responsibility to maintain it, but good luck with that, you'll have more chance dating the Queen!!!

And then, finally, ''And I don't even know if the road is registered'', you should not even be looking at this property if that were the case as it seems you do not know enough about its legal position. Your lawyer needs to check these things as it is quite common for people to build on plots they owned with no permits or official road access, just get it all checked out, and I mean any property you may consider.

Welcome to Cyprus.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com