General POA for lan transfer?

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
donotjudge

General POA for lan transfer?

Post by donotjudge »

Dear all, I now have the land under my name that I was trying to transfer for around a year now. My solicitors I Cyprus have sent me a POA to divide the land (I own 50% and we need to divide to I own 100%) and then sell it. The POA they have sent me is a general POA with clauses. As I do not know much about law, and I received warnings from the honorary consul about general POA's, I wanted to ask if this is what is needed or is excessive.

1. To sell for any amount and to make all necessary arrangements for the sale of the Property.

2. To sign any or all of the following documents necessary or incidental to the said purchase or sale including but not limited to any Agreements,

3. Reservation Agreements, Contracts of Sale, Deed, Contract of Assignment, Memorandum of Agreement, Cancellation Contract relating to the Property and/or any other document for the purpose of executing such an Agreement.

4. To appear before any District Land Office in Cyprus and withdraw any sale agreement for the Property.

5. To sign any relevant contract and/or document and/or statement and/or Affidavit and/or applications in order to transfer and/or register the Property into any Purchaser’s name (s).

6. To apply to the appropriate authorities for the issuance of certificates of registration, property searches, encumbrance searches and to sign for me and on my behalf all necessary documents for this purpose.

7. To appear before any Land Registry Office in Cyprus and/or before any other Governmental or Local authority in Cyprus and sign on my behalf any document or declaration and do whatever acts are deemed necessary for the purpose of executing the above.

8. To sign and execute on my behalf any agreements, Division Agreements, plans and any other applications in relation to the division of the Property and/or for determining my share on the Property.

9. To appear before any District Lands Office, Building Authority, Town Planning Authority, AIK, CYTA, Water Board Authority or other Governmental or Local authority in Cyprus and sign on my behalf any document and/or declaration and/or architectural plans and/or any other plans concerning the Property and do whatever acts are deemed necessary for the completion of the division of the Property.

10. To appear before any Governmental or Local Authority or any Land Registry Office in Cyprus and to apply and sign on my behalf any document or declaration for the issuance of a Planning Permit, a Building Permit and a Final Certificate of Approval, in relation to the Property and to collect the same.

11. To appear before any Planning Office and/or before any authority in Cyprus and sign on my behalf any document to obtain copies of the architectural drawings and/or any other drawings relating to the Property.

12. To appear before any Governmental or Local Authority or any Land Registry Office in Cyprus to sign any application, document or declaration in order to update the title deeds of the Property.

13. To appear before any Governmental or Local Authority or any Land Registry Office in Cyprus to sign any application, document or declaration in order to issue separate title deeds for the Property.

14. To sign any relevant contract and/or document and/or statement in order to transfer and/or register updated title deeds of the Property into my name.

15. To appear before any Land Registry Office in Cyprus and do the transfer of the Property in any Purchaser’s name (s) and to sign for this purpose any necessary document and/or application as well as to pay any duties or taxes for the purpose of executing the above.

16. To appear before any other appropriate Authority in Cyprus and obtain oral or written information and/or update regarding any other application for the purpose of updating the title deeds of the Property.

17. To insure the Property in Cyprus with any insurance company for any risk and sign on our behalf any policy contract.

18. To cancel existing any insurance Policy relating to the Property and/or any assignment agreement in relation to any such Policy.
To appear before any Governmental or Local Authority or any Land Registry Office in Cyprus and to apply and sign on my behalf any document or declaration, application, and architectural plans for the Property.

19. To appear before any office of the Electricity Authority of Cyprus and apply on my behalf and sign any necessary contract or document in order to connect and/or disconnect the Property with electricity.

20. To appear before any office of the Cyprus Telecommunication Authority in Cyprus and/or any other telecommunication service and sign any necessary contract and or necessary document in order to install a telephone line at the Property into my name and/or cancel such service or telephone line.

21. To apply before any Appropriate Authority and sign any necessary contract and document for water supply and sewerage services to the Property and register the water and sewerage accounts into my name or into any Purchaser’s (s) name (s).
To apply before any Appropriate Authority and sign any necessary document to discontinue the water supply and sewerage services to the Property.

22. To appoint at my Attorney’s discretion any substitute or agent under my said Attorneys in connection with any of the purposes aforesaid upon such terms as my Attorneys shall think fit.