Survey for a piece of land

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
Lizzie

Survey for a piece of land

Post by Lizzie »

Hello
I wonder if you could help.
We have purchased a piece of land, and now have title deeds. It is not for building merely for an orchard and organic veg.
The land is just short of an acre classed as agricultural.
We would like to secure with agricultural mesh fence but need to have our plot properly marked out and apply for permission.
We have title deeds.
Can anyone recommend a reasonable surveyor I have been on the land registry site and they are no longer listed...unless I am looking in the wrong place.
Best wishes
Elizabeth
Pantheman

Re: Survey for a piece of land

Post by Pantheman »

Hi,

If you want the land staked out, the Land registry most certainly do this. There is a form to fill in, unfortunately it is a unnumbered form, but they are available at the land registry. You can also approach a private land surveyor called a Topographer.

May I ask:

1. Where is the land located?
2. Are you and EU citizen?
3. When did you purchase this land?

I ask Q2 and 3, because under the aliens law CAP109 non EU cannot purchase land unless for the purpose of building a house, and since Agricultural land is not developable I wonder how you managed to get it to your names.

I would be grateful for your replies as it will assists us with others.

TIA.
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Elizabeth

Pan mentioned 'private land surveyor'. You can find a list of private surveyors that have been licensed by the Department of Lands and Surveys at https://portal.dls.moi.gov.cy/en-us/Sit ... 010122.pdf .

(I'd also be interested to hear how you managed to buy agricultural land. Since Brexit, Brits are no longer permitted to buy agricultural land)

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

Thank you for the information.

I found an old link to the surveyors on this site but it was out of use, this one works thank you, but we may go to the land registry and get them to do it now we know.

We purchased the land last month. We formed a limited company as 3rd country nationals you cannot purchase agricultural land.
We used a solicitor to aid our co registration, yearly accounts will be submitted ( basically nil) but once citizenship is acquired we can have the land transferred into our names so all being well a couple of years.
At land registry there was no 50% discount on title deeds because the land was acquired by the bank through an auction. These are the rules apparently if it was a private sale the fees would have been half.

The land is in the region of Kornos.

I am very happy to keep people posted on our journey, we are aware we have obstacles and need permission for just about everything, but are happy to always go the legal route.

No building of course not allowed in our zone, who would want to spoil such a beautiful region. Our plan is organic veg and fruit.

I would strongly recommend that anyone who wants to go this route use a trusted solicitor. An agent will happily send you in the direction of his "friend" who wants this and that upfront to secure the sale etc.. We used our solicitor who looked after us.

Thanks again for your help.
Elizabeth.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Thanks for the update Elizabeth

The Land Registry fees for surveying your land for each boundary turning point (BTP) will be as follows:

Up to 6 BTP - €50
From 7 to 12 BTP (additionally) - €30
More than 13 BTP (additionally) - €20

If you use a private surveyor, in addition to the surveyor's fee, the Land Registry will charge you:

Up to 6 BTP - €15
From 7 to 12 BTP (additionally) - €10
More than 13 BTP (additionally) - €6

I'd be interested to know how much it cost you to form a limited company - and the annual costs (lawyer's and accountant's fees). Perhaps you could send me a PM?

It is absolutely essential that anyone buying property in Cyprus uses a trusted and independent lawyer.

When do you hope to start selling your organic fruit and veg?

Regards
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

Nigel Howarth wrote: 22 Mar 2022 14:21
I'd be interested to know how much it cost you to form a limited company - and the annual costs (lawyer's and accountant's fees). Perhaps you could send me a PM?

Regards
Nigel, I am already going through this for client and the company setup is around 1250 - 1300 euros.

Annual running costs €350 annual company tax + €150 submission of accounts + €350 euro

Cheers

Pan
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Thanks Pan

Cheers
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
iamabeanbag

Post by iamabeanbag »

Pantheman wrote: 22 Mar 2022 14:50
Nigel Howarth wrote: 22 Mar 2022 14:21

Regards
Nigel, I am already going through this for client and the company setup is around 1250 - 1300 euros.

Annual running costs €350 annual company tax + €150 submission of accounts + €350 euro

Cheers

Pan
That sounds to me either optimistic or incomplete. If I am wrong, please inform me who is providing you with the service!

You make no mention of compulsory external annual audit (I am told this is around €900), in addition you need a nominee director and shareholder with EU citizenship (€250 - €500 apiece annually), a company secretary (similar, unless you know how to do this yourself) and a registered company address in Cyprus (also around €300 if you don't have your own address to use).

That totals up to €1500 - €2500 annually on top of the €1300 setup fee.
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

Hi Just to confirm for you
The annual fees for the Limited company are 350 yearly reg fee.
Accountant fees £400 plus VAT yearly.
Limited company - no EU status needed for Company director or secretary.
Our solicitor bill for set up including the fees for registration came to just over a 1000 but this did include a will.
Title deeds are in the company name. Transfer can be made when citizenship is obtained.

Survey of the land.
A topographer is required.
First you need to register on Ariadne = gov portal, to do this you have to be verified at the post office first then you get a log in code.
Pay land registry fees per point/marker on the land. we paid 115 plus vat and choose your topographer from the list.
You have quite a wait for them to issue the pack to the topographer of your choice
We paid 600 euros plus VAT for the survey but shopping around necessary, we were quoted 950 plus vat.
We have found throughout our Cyprus journey 15 years now....word of mouth and recommendation is the best way to source professionals.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Many thanks for the info Lizzie.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth