Registration for holiday rental licence

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
JP0039

Registration for holiday rental licence

Post by JP0039 »

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone on here has successfully obtained a licence to rent out their property for holiday lets? After a lot of running around, I obtained all the required documents as outlined on the Deputy Ministry of Tourism website (tax number and building permit number etc etc) and I went through the process of submitting the online form. After I pressed submit, I got a message on screen saying that the application has been successful and that they will be in contact soon. This was well over a week ago and I have not received any email confirmation and have not been asked for any payment for the licence fee. Has anyone else had a similar experience and if so how long did the whole process take?

Many thanks

Jon
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Registration for holiday rental licence

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Jon and welcome to the forum.

A friend registered (he wrote an article - https://www.news.cyprus-property-buyers ... d=00164825 ) and subsequently contributed to a Q&A article - https://www.news.cyprus-property-buyers ... d=00164856.

You will (hopefully) get a letter of approval but I can't say how long it will take. The bureaucracy here is horrendous!

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
Pantheman

Post by Pantheman »

Hello,

You pay once the application has been approved.

It could take around 2 months to get approval. I know someone that applied 6/12/21 and have only just received the approval.

Good luck
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
J B

Post by J B »

JP0039 wrote: 28 Feb 2022 20:35 Just wondering if anyone on here has successfully obtained a licence to rent out their property for holiday lets? After a lot of running around, I obtained all the required documents as outlined on the Deputy Ministry of Tourism website (tax number and building permit number etc etc) and I went through the process of submitting the online form. After I pressed submit, I got a message on screen saying that the application has been successful and that they will be in contact soon. This was well over a week ago and I have not received any email confirmation and have not been asked for any payment for the licence fee. Has anyone else had a similar experience and if so how long did the whole process take?
A week - steady on :lol:

I have been in email contact with someone from visitcyprus.com who told me that they had received my application on 10th January
Then, yesterday, after seven weeks, I enquired what was happening to be told that they were missing part of the application form!!! :shock: so I re-sent it and now they have said <<Your application has been evaluated successfully. I will send you the invoice when this will be ready.>>

Siga siga :roll:
--
J B
J B

Post by J B »

Just an update

My approval arrived via email today ... an attachment all in Greek :oops:

I asked if there was an English version (I had filled all of the application in, on-line, in English!) but was told "I am sorry about this, we have it only in Greek." :lol:

I'm asked to pay with JCC using the invoice number - it only took another two emails to find this answer!!

Only in Cyprus!
--
J B
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi J B

Pleased to hear your application has been approved.

Many Brits complain that forms and other documents are in Greek. Although many Cypriots speak English, the official languages of the island are Greek and Turkish.

Cheers,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
J B

Post by J B »

Not a complaint, just makes me giggle that all of the application is in English but thereafter :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
--
J B