Land Ownership

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
Hoffman

Land Ownership

Post by Hoffman »

Hi, I need to find out the ownership of land bordering my property. The DO is asking me to do outstanding works which should have been done by my now bankrupt developer. This work is not on my land and I need to contact the legal owner to discuss. I'm fairly sure it's not just a matter of visiting Land Registry for this information .... ? Any advice would be greatly received, thanks.
Pantheman

Re: Land Ownership

Post by Pantheman »

Hoffman wrote: 11 Oct 2021 15:18 Hi, I need to find out the ownership of land bordering my property. The DO is asking me to do outstanding works which should have been done by my now bankrupt developer. This work is not on my land and I need to contact the legal owner to discuss. I'm fairly sure it's not just a matter of visiting Land Registry for this information .... ? Any advice would be greatly received, thanks.
Hello,

What is 'DO' ? and how can you be expected to do work on someone else's land?? Even the developer for that matter. I'm not clear what you are going on about.

In any case, to get info for your neighbouring plot you need to completed and N.50 search form stating what you need and why.

You can get the form from the land registry or from their website.

HTH
For all your property needs, we offer Trust, Integrity, Honesty.
FSB Properties Ltd
Registered and Licensed Real Estate Company. Reg. No. 1145, Lic. No. 572/E
Member of ETEK Registration No. A201999
https://www.fsbproperties.com
Hoffman

Re: Land Ownership

Post by Hoffman »

Hi Pantheman and thank you for your reply.

The DO - District Office, Limassol.
Your comments about doing work on someone else's land are my feelings exactly. My property is on a small development consisting of mine, a villa now abandoned, an area used for growing fruit trees, the rest lying unused. None of the other parties care about getting TDs so the District Office want me to do the outstanding work which includes providing access to a green area to be constructed on neighbouring land.
Another problem for me is: My husband passed away in 2016 and I can't get Probate finalised until I get Title to my property. So, as you can tell, I'm in a catch22 situation. I have written to the Head of the DO in the hope we can find a solution, but to date, no response. More difficult for me as I no longer live in Cyprus.
I will as you suggest complete N.50 to find out ownership of neighbouring land.
Thanks again.
Dee